Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KR Question PLEASE HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 08:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry KR Question PLEASE HELP!!

I had some KR so I took out 10* across the entire High and LOW Octane Tables. I did a log and it seemed to get worse. The highest I saw was 17*KR that was at 43% TPS, 3035 RPM, -1.8 B1 -.8 B2 LTFT, and Timing was at 12.5. On the same log I had spots with >1* KR at 27* Timing, and 85-100% TPS. There is knock all over and seems to be completely random and nothing helps it. The highest spots are in the lower rpms (>4000) and tps%. I have less KR at WOT with higher timing then when I am accelerating with less timing. I have a 98 TA M6 with a G5X2 cam with Pacesetter LT's, can the cam be causing false knock all over the place and completely random? How can I get rid of it? It doesn't show up only at a certain spot, when I shift hard or soft no difference, I can make my Y-pipe hit the underbody and nothing. It seems completely random but there is a lot of it, there is no trend I can find. I am running 94 octane by the way and my O2's at WOT are averaging 920's, LTFTs are slightly negative. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!
Thanks Matt
Old 06-03-2004, 08:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Valvetrain mechanical noise can produce false knock
detect, that's worth checking out. The sum of timing
+ KR pull doesn't seem out-of-line with my plain timing
numbers. If there is looseness / play in the valvetrain
this will be engine-synchronous noise the knock
detector may not blank.