whoever's on the site today, but the hundreds who have
been here and fielded the same question before. And who,
having answered the question so many times before, may
not jump up to oblige you right off.

But the SEARCH function ---->
is patiently waiting for you to make use of it. It's simple,
enter keywords in the little drop-down box, like

oil change light reset

and you will get all the info you need, and then some.

There are also more advanced options to be had, if you
want to narrow things down, search a more relevant forum
or whatever. The more technical the question, the more
likely the best answer will be found in a more specific-
subject forum. But you can shotgun it from the top if
you are unsure. The SEARCH genie does not care.
Make its day.

Happy motoring!
Old 06-23-2004, 04:16 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

oh, and some more tips on using the search button

try using a variety of words. i.e if your looking for info on comp pro magnum rockers:

- comp pro magnums
- pro magnums

should come up with the best results. try the search in the Power Development section first, then expand it to the whole site. some times you can find what your looking for in unexpected places.

stuff like

Pacesetters
Patriot
loudmouth
flowtechs
sparkplugs
ls1edit
hptuner
tr224
tsp231
t-rex/trex
ect.

should all be very easy to find, just type in those exact words, its not hard. and information doesnt stop after the first page. some people think doing a search consist of typing in "pacesetters", reading one thread, not finding what there looking for as a complete search

i will tell you flat out the search feature will not answer every question, but for general **** it will serve the purpose just fine. the search feature also fills the role in EDUCATING YOURSELF on subjects you may not be to familar with. i.e if you havent the faintest clue about cam specs then what good is advice people give you if you cant comprehend it. searching will give you a good base foundation of knowledge. you can then use that and appy it to your specific question. i.e your looking for headers and you've finally narrowed it down to some kooks and your wonder if a certain tunnel brace will clear the Y pipe. thats a good question. asking if kooks are good headers is not, you can use the search to find that.

the three word minimum is a bitch some times, i know, but you can add comma's, dashes, ect. try try and increase it. for stuff that is only less then 3 letters like some cams (T1, B1, X1, ect) try putting "mti t1" or "T1 cam", or other little variants you can come up with.

no one is saying not to start any new threads but as i stated earlier, make an attempt to educate yourself first. i swear some people want you to do everything short of wiping there *** for them. this site has plenty of tools for you to do your own work and we have a shitload of sponsors and a sponsor forum to find the products at the great prices you need.

and if your going to start a new thread give us all the info first; like what your going to do with the car, do you have any emissions concerns, whats your budget, ect. i hate asking 10 questions just to be able to answer the original question. in the words of jerry maguer (sp) "Help us Help you".

thats my spiel for the day

Last edited by jrp; 06-23-2004 at 10:45 PM.