PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Code after Header Install - Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 10:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Code after Header Install - Help!

Installed my Supermaxx header system last weekend on my '03 Z06.

Engine light came on when I did my first run at the track after hitting 3rd gear at full throttle..........

Cleared the codes, but it just comes back on at full throttle in 3rd. Also lost about 3 to 5 mph on my traps.....

Code shows 99 HVAC 1 Code

Now, I remember during the install, the small pipe (Not sure what it is, maybe vac line??) coming out of the headers on the passenger side was very stiff. I couldn't see where that pipe was going to to the rear of the engine, so I moved it with some force to get the headers in. I'm suspecting I may have kinked that pipe.

Could this be causing this code?

Also, how easy / difficult is it to replace if it is kinked and causing the codes? Is it a DIY'er?

It's eating away at me driving my Z wounded.......

Thanks for all your help!
Old 07-08-2004, 11:10 PM
TECH Resident

Yea that is a A/C line you would have wacked because the headers are ill designed and too close to the freon line so you then got a HVac error code.
If the line has to be replaced then you have to drain the freon out, fix and then have someone recharge your A/C.
Old 07-08-2004, 11:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

the line he is reffering to is the air pump line and the dynatech headers are far from poorly designed. The line you are referring to has nothing to do w/ this error.

Davea