Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 readings .995 to 1.000

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 03:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O2 readings .995 to 1.000

Anyone ever had readings like that from their O2's (B1S1) of .995 and 1.000 at WOT?

I was at the track yesterday and that is what my runs were reading. Timing seemed normal at 22.5-28 through the rpm band.

I Atap'd before the track and the readings were .920 - .935, which is normal for me after my tuning for headers. Also atap'd right after the track and the readings were .920 - .935.

Why would they be so out of whack at the track? A glitch? Does the PCM do something odd when you quickly start up and idle for 5 minutes then do a 1/4 run?

I have minor mods seen below.
Old 07-10-2004, 03:56 PM
TECH Resident

If during long idles with heat soaking and fuel trims averages going real lean then the PCM is dumping in more fuel to bring those down and so it looks like your rich but it could be your fuel trims were reporting lean and PCM then is doing what it should by adding more fuel to drive the trim values back down.

Also under a lot of heat and PCM assumes the CATs would be too hot it will command the Cat Over Temp (COT) feature which dumps more fuel in to cool the Cats down.
If you do not have Cats then the COT feature should be turned off, if you have Cats and suspect COT is having an ill effect you need to tune the COT table in the PCM.
Old 07-10-2004, 04:09 PM
Launching!

I do have COT disabled. I should have mentioned that. My Ltrims are usually negative at around -6, though admittedly at the track I was only looking to get some very basic data and didn't log that. Mainly rpms, Timing and KR (none of the latter). Only only logged one of the sensors for curiousity, not expecting anything different as I have never seen a variation from norm for 100+ logs.

Any thought on whether that would have affected performance? My timing wasn't too adversely out.