Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulling Motor!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 03:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pulling Motor!!!!

this is my first attempt at pulling my motor. I have everything dissambled including the intake, heads and headers. All I have left is to remove the bolts from the bellhousing and motor mounts. The chain I have has only 2 sides so do I attach it to the front and back on the motor or is there something else I need to complete this? The heads are removed from the engine I hope I dont have to put them back on to pull the motor!!!!!TIA

Last edited by Big Will; 07-12-2004 at 03:14 PM.
Old 07-12-2004, 03:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Will
this is my first attempt at pulling my motor. I have everything dissambled including the intake, heads and headers. All I have left is to remove the bolts from the bellhousing and motor mounts. The chain I have has only 2 sides so do I attach it to the front and back on the motor or is there something else I need to complete this? The heads are removed from the engine I hope I dont have to put them back on to pull the motor!!!!!TIA
I pulled my engine and tranny as one unit. It's much easier than trying to get the bell housing on and off under the car. When I attached my hoist to my engine, I used my head studs (though bolts would work) to anchor directly into the top of the block. Leave some slack under the head of the bolt and the chain won't even touch the deck of the block.