Sponsored by:

Engine Idoit Right Here

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2003, 10:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Idoit Right Here

Hey guys,

I am basically clueless when it comes to the internal portion of my engine. I know general maintenance, but its time to step up the performance. I have NO clue what 224/224 means on cam, or what are good flow numbers out of a set of heads. Basically I am looking to get around 450 RWHP on my 98 TA and I am looking for a sponsor to help! I have just about every bolt on you can get, minus pulleys ans a FTRA. I was thinking about doing a pretty agressive heads/cam swap, but all the numbers confuse me. It will NOT be a daily driver, mostly track and the occasional cruise night (or street race!!). So, any help at all would be huge help. Sorry for the long email, but I wanted to get it all in here. If your replies are going to be lengthy, please email them to me @ Lan_Man88@Hotmail.com Thanks in advance guys!!!!
Old 03-23-2003, 11:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Default Re: Engine Idoit Right Here

This is just my $.02, but I would find a shop in your area (Speed Inc. isn't too far from you ---> ), start hanging out there, and start talking to them about your goals. They can probably work with you, make recommendations, and do the work necessary to get you there.

The Search function here will help answer a lot of your questions about cam duration numbers, head flow numbers, etc.

I'd recommend staying local if at all possible - that way if you have problems, it's easier to resolve.

Good luck,

-Andrew
Old 03-23-2003, 07:05 PM
wrencher

Default Re: Engine Idoit Right Here

I would also recommend speed inc they can hep you out.