Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best push rods and springs for the money?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 10:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best push rods and springs for the money?

My first post here at ls1tech (I'm at ls1.com mostly) and I had a question for all you experts out there. What is the best push rods and springs that I can get for the money? I'm hearing some valve train noise and was thinking about pulling my pushrods out to see if they were bent. Thanks for any info you all might have. - Pat
Old 03-24-2003, 02:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Best push rods and springs for the money?

My personal opinion, is that any of the aftermarket pushrods are just as good as the others out there. As long as you get a chrome-moly one, you should be fine. The best price I've seen is Scoggins-Dickeys price of $100 shipped for a set of 16 Manley ones.

As for springs...this really depends on the lift of the cam you're going with and whether or not you will be modifying your heads to accept double springs. If you want a stock replacement that requires no headwork, and have a small to medium lift cam (.500 - .560) the Comp 918s are the popular choice. Although they will work on lifts up to .600, its my personal opinion that if youre going to be approaching their upper limit, theres better alternatives out there.
Old 03-24-2003, 02:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Best push rods and springs for the money?

Thanks for the info Constrictor...I guess I'll just go ahead and get some push rods because I'm not sure I'll be getting a cam anytime soon...I want to get the LTs on first. - Pat