Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need tips to insure proper valve-train setup

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 12:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need tips to insure proper valve-train setup

Can some1 give me tips on making sure I set my valvetrain up correctly before I put it all back together, fire it up, and hear things smashing.

I made sure the rod was in its seat, tried to center the valvestem seat over the valve step, and torqued in the order and ammount prescrived by haynes. Say for instance that I had installed the springs assembly wrong (particularely, not seating the locks) would they have come apart from several hand crank rotations?

If something was not degreed properly, would hand cranking it just cause it to stop and get stuck?

Thanks for any tips,
Derek
Old 08-09-2004, 09:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ttt

Any tips?

I just want to make sure of this before I send a valve crashing into a piston at startu.
Old 08-09-2004, 03:13 PM
TECH Addict

I just put my cam in this weekend... I wasn't as thorough as you, and everything is fine. I dropped the pushrods in, dropped the rockers on top of them, and torqued them down. (I DID help center the rockers on the valve stems, but I didn't fiddle with the PR's at all).

The way I was looking at everything - if anything was wrong, it would be pretty noticeable right off the bat.