Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do these match up?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 02:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do these match up?

Kooks and QTP Lt's catted Y's GMMG...stock internals

which fits better/which tucks better/ which performs better/ which sounds better/which is cheaper/which installs easier/which is availiable with errything to pass emissions OBDII scanning...oh and one more thing...do you need rear 02 Simulators or rear 02 sensors for each?
Old 08-11-2004, 02:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard NUMEROUS times that these headers are exactly the same. Same design, same metal, same plant makes 'em. I can't confirm this, but if they are then they are both great headers. I have Kook's LTs with the ORY.

The fit is AMAZING, no rubbing or bumping anywhere as far as the headers are concerned. They y bolted up perfectly although I hear there are some issues with the catted y not fitting properly.

Performance gains should be almost identical since they are both LT's made from stainless steel and have a similiar design if not exactly the same. The sound will also be the same.

Depending on which vendor you purchase them from, they are about the same price range.

As far as installation goes, you need to get the car up as high as possible to get the driver side header in. I've heard this about the QTP's too though. Those with experience with several different types of headers claim that these are the easiest to install.

To pass OBDII shouldn't be a problem. You have a 2002 so you don't need to worry about the EGR system since there isn't one. You can use rear 02's if you are running cats, otherwise you'll need 02 sims cause you'll throw a code with real o2's and no cats. With the o2 sims you shouldn't throw any codes at all.

Do you have to pass visual inspection? I don't think you can get away with any LT setup if you have to pass visual inspection although these headers tuck up very nicely and actually give better ground clearance than my stock setup.

Good luck

DAMN 750 posts since January 2004! Post *****
Old 08-11-2004, 03:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should be fine with passing emission, just do waht he said and get the O2 sims or LS1 edit tuning. They really are one and the same. They are even more alike than Jet-Hots and Hookers. Can't go wrong either way!