Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need some nuts,ARP

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 10:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default need some nuts,ARP

hey, i bought a used low mileage shortblock that has a set of arp head studs installed, problem is the guy didnt/doesnt have the washers or nuts for them..where can i buy them? i was going to go down to the local bolt and screw shop and see what they got..they have a warehouse about the size of a small school with nothing but nuts,bolts,screws..im sure they have some super strength nuts that will fit..what do you think?? Also i am going to need the instructions on how much/how to torque the studs down..i searched and came up with different answers..I DO however have a big question, i saw where you needed to torque the bolts down in like a series of 5 heat cycles.. i like the secruity of the studs but i dont know if i like them enough to take my coils and all that crap off 5 times to get at the damn center bolts..that is alot of work since i got a 98 with the individual coils...
matt
Old 08-18-2004, 12:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you called ARP to see if you can get just the nuts and washers?There was some guys on here last week talking about the ARP fasteners for the ls1 and they said ARP recommended torqueing and loosening them like 4 times,didn"t say anything about heat cycling.