Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers and exhaust - need opinions

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 12:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers and exhaust - need opinions

I have been reading the forums for awhile and have decided on what I want for the headers and exhaust. What I would like is some feedback from others for their opinions on the combo I have in mind.

I am planning on the Pace setters LT and then Texas Speed's true dual with the dump at the axle. I am concerned with the ground clearance (stock height, plan to lower 1 to 1.5 inch). And if these two will connect together as off road only or if Cats could be included?

This is my daily driver and will be used in winter for the next 2 years in Michigan.

I am aiming for less restriction and a tougher sound that is street legal. My only negative is that I want to find a way to run the exhaust over the axle and dump at the bumper so I do not have 2 empty pockets.

Any feedback (positive or negative) would be appreciated before I invest in this.
Old 08-25-2004, 12:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm in michigan too. Id say go with a ORY setup. Pick a catack, hooker/borla/corsa, then if you have a lot of rasp, add a bullet muffler to the I pipe. You get good clearance so you can lower it. And you can get a stainless system like borla/corsa. so it wont rust
Old 08-26-2004, 06:37 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if you want duals out the back have a shop fab them up for you, just run 3" to 2.5" reducer off the collector and go 2.5" all the way back for the added clearance.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:28 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks for the input so far.

I have a shop I am gonna check out that may be able to do some fab work but it is still an unknown (that is a big reason for Texas Speed since theirs is pre-fab).
Old 08-26-2004, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

If it helps at all with your decision, I was contemplating the same setup, but went with Pacesetter LTs/ORY/Hooker catback and havent looked back since

Love the sound, no rasp until after 3k, but it sounds badass anyways, I wont be doing any other exhaust after this

No complaints, sound nice and deep cruising, and when ya want to romp on it, everyone within a couple miles knows!
Old 08-27-2004, 01:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have pacesetter LTs and the TSP true duals. People love the sound and sounds street legal. I have not had a ticket for it. People will all have there own thing about exhaust. Go with the gut feeling.