Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AP Engineering - groundbreaking news! Guaranteed engine delivery times!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 11:21 AM
User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AP Engineering - groundbreaking news! Guaranteed engine delivery times!

Something to think about over the holiday weekend...

Most people know AP Engineering as being top-notch in late model GM engine building. However, as with any engine building shop, scheduled delivery times are usually difficult to adhere to. Supplier problems, machining issues, etc. can all add up to an engine being days or sometimes weeks late. While this does not compromise the quality and integrity of our engines, it has caused issues with our customers and the length of time between placing the order and having the engine shipped out.

Nobody likes to wait any longer than they have to, and we don't like to see unhappy customers. So in our case, we have determined that the machine shop we use caused the greatest delays in getting our engines out to the customers. Rather than simply accepting this as they way things go and passing the frustration on to our customers, AP Engineering has set out to remedy this issue buy purchasing nearly $100,000 of brand new state-of-the-art engine machining equipment to be able to do our own machining in house. This will essentially eliminate any delays we have experienced in the past with sending our engine blocks out to another company to have work performed on them. The machines are in our shop, being set up as I type this. Pics to come soon.

We are so confident that we will now be able to get our engines out on time that we will soon be instituting an unprecidented GUARANTEED delivery time on all of our engines that we build. What guarantee will we be offering? If your engine is late, it is free. That's right...FREE.

Beginning Tuesday, September 7, 2004...When an engine (short block OR long block) is ordered from us, we will give you a guaranteed amount of time (from the point that a deposit is left) until we will ship your engine. Of course, lead times can and will change depending on the our work load and the amount of orders that we are currently working on, but if we do not provide you with a tracking number for your engine on or before the date we promised your engine to be shipped, you will get it for free. Shipping and all. No other company that we know of in our circle offers this type of guarantee. So not only are we known for building some of the highest quality engines in the industry, we will also be known for getting the engines out on time, which is something that we have had a difficult time with in the past.

Naturally there are some stipulations to this. For example, changes to your engine after the initial order is placed could cause additional delay time (depending on the situation) and may require us to determine a different delivery date. This will be determined on a case-by-case basis. Uncontrollable catastrophic events such as...oh, I dunno...a tornado hitting our shop can also change delivery dates. Also, this shipment guarantee only applies to short block and long block engines. In addition, once an engine is completed and shipped by the guaranteed date, the order may not be cancelled and the deposit or any other payments can not be refunded. Other similar conditions may apply, but only to protect ourselves from getting the short end of the stick when we meet our obligations of this guarantee. Should the case arise when the engine is late by fault of our own, we will bite the bullet and someone could get a free engine out of it. We are that dedicated to our customers and their satisfation.

To get your order started, give us a call at the shop on Tuesday!

We'd also like to take this time to thank all of our very loyal customers who have stuck with us while AP Engineering was growing and continues to grow. Thank you.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, now that is IMPRESSIVE!

Kudos to APE for their drive to make the customer #1.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

That's awsome. Talk about commitment.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:33 AM
Launching!

Working in the car industry, i have a hightened appreciation for what this claim really means and the lenghts you guys will have to go to make it happen. Impressive to say the least.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Damn. Thats a pretty ambitious claim. I hope this sets an industry trend, as I have read of horror stories of people waiting for many months for work never being finished. I have read nothing but good things about your shop Jason, and if you guys keep true to this, I must say, you guys are definitely living up to that reputation. Good luck!!
Old 09-04-2004, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

woah!
Old 09-04-2004, 12:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn. I know someone that will be getting MY business.

Dope
Old 09-04-2004, 12:39 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

thats great!
Old 09-04-2004, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Dang Jason, ya'll are making it tough for the rest of us!
Old 09-04-2004, 01:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That's a hell of a policy!
Example:
order placed 8/04/04
expected ship date 8/04/05
It covers all the bases. j/k
Old 09-04-2004, 02:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Awesome. I hope you guys keep all your needed parts in inventory. One unexpected supplier screw-up and your profit for the year will be down the drain.
Old 09-04-2004, 03:17 PM
12 Second Club

Wow, that is awesome.
Old 09-04-2004, 09:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That is a great guarantee! However, if I was a customer that purchased an engine and for some reason had a problem due to someone putting it together incorrectly (to meet a deadline), I would rather have then take an extra couple of days (or however long it took to get it 100%) correct the first time.

I am in no way saying that you'd guys would do that you are a very reputable shop, but when people get in a hurry to meet deadlines the possibility of mistakes are increased. I know a very reputable race engine builder that used to make great reliable racing engines and then they started pumping them out like crazy with quick turn-arounds and a lot of their motors had simple things overlooked (missing rings, properly untorqued components, etc) that costed their customers a lot of $ b/c of their lack of attention to detail on the engine builds.

I think thats a great guarantee though, I love quick delivery of stuff!

Cheers!
Old 09-04-2004, 09:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Wow,, thats an awesome deal!! You guys are gonna have your work cut out for you but I know you can do it, **** I may have to order my next shortblock from you guys as well
Old 09-04-2004, 09:50 PM
Naked AV

Yeah, that's an aggressive claim....that will certainly tax APE's logistical planning capability. But it is definitely possible. As I was reading I was expecting to see something like "$500 off per week until it is delivered" (which I think is what I would have done).

But I'm glad I was sitting down when I read the policy. Holy Cow Batman!!!
Old 09-05-2004, 12:54 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow. i wonder if other shops will dare to match that?
Old 09-05-2004, 04:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mike c.
wow. i wonder if other shops will dare to match that?
I seriously doubt it.

If I need another engine, I will seriously consider AP Engineering.
Old 09-05-2004, 10:57 AM
TECH Junkie

That is REALLY impressive. Great job APE.
Old 09-05-2004, 10:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

wow thats great...thats one reason i built my own..4-6 weeks means months at these other shops...you guys are doing great!! Next engine I will come to you.
Old 09-05-2004, 11:30 AM
BADA BING BADA BOOM!!!!!!

Originally Posted by
We are so confident that we will now be able to get our engines out on time that we will soon be instituting an unprecidented [b
GUARANTEED delivery time[/b] on all of our engines that we build. What guarantee will we be offering? If your engine is late, it is free. That's right...FREE.
WOW! Domino's Pizza doesn't even offer that guarantee anymore.