Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM Reset at the track.....?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2003, 07:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Default PCM Reset at the track.....?

Hey guys, on the way to the track last night my SES light came on (either my new gas cap or my MAF). Being the paranoid person that I am I stopped and re-set the CPU to make sure that the light would go out and all was ok. Then I drove about 100 miles on cruize to the track. My first pass the car was a dog. Second pass it picked up 2mph, and third pass it picked up 1MPH. Is this normal after a re-set? How long does it take for the cpu to learn again?

TIA,
-Nick
Old 03-23-2003, 09:02 AM
Texas Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: PCM Reset at the track.....?

Pull the PCM Bat. and PCM Ign. fuses with the ignition on and this will reset the computer. These fuses are located in the fuse boxes under the hood on the driver's side fender well.
Old 03-23-2003, 09:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by mmiller:
<strong> Pull the PCM Bat. and PCM Ign. fuses with the ignition on and this will reset the computer. These fuses are located in the fuse boxes under the hood on the driver's side fender well. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey man, thanks. That is exactly what I did, I was just asking about the PCM re-learn period. My car was wicked rich after resetting the PCM at the track and I was way down on MPH on my first run, second run picked up 2 MPH, and third picked another 1 MPH. Is this normal, and how long does it usually take for the PCM to get the fuel/timing curves back to norm?
Old 03-23-2003, 05:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

100 miles at least and usually 200.
Old 03-23-2003, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey thanks man!
Old 03-23-2003, 06:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It usually takes my car atleast 500 miles to get back to normal. So you may see even more gains over the next week or so.

JEremy