Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would a cutout help my setup? Searched

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 01:00 PM
Sweet Cheeks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Would a cutout help my setup? Searched

I have Kooks SS headers with cats and Corsa in the back. I've been thinking about getting an electric cutout, but I hear most guys don't gain much over a nice exhaust setup. I'm thinking about switching the catted Y for an ORY and putting a cutout right after the Y pipe. Would the swap be worth it? Mods below.

Stock block
G5X3 114
AFR heads soon
LSX 78mm going to 90mm and TB
Full boltons
A4

Thanks.
Old 09-10-2004, 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was thinking of putting one on too, but I realized it'd be a waste of money considering the set-up I have. (For those who don't know...Kook's, catted Y and GMMG) If I were in your shoes, I'd do the Y swap and go with the Texas Speed duals.
Old 09-10-2004, 01:26 PM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Dear John
I have Kooks SS headers with cats and Corsa in the back. I've been thinking about getting an electric cutout, but I hear most guys don't gain much over a nice exhaust setup. I'm thinking about switching the catted Y for an ORY and putting a cutout right after the Y pipe. Would the swap be worth it?
You might gain almost as much from just adding a cut out to your current set up as you would from swapping to an ORY (without a cut out).
Basically that's like two jumps in one swoop but yes, you will see track (and dyno) gains from it most likely.
Old 09-11-2004, 01:20 AM
Sweet Cheeks

Hmm. Maybe I'll do that. Hell, I could even sell my catted Y for an ORY and maybe make a hundred bucks while I'm at it. Do you think a cutout would be overkill if I swapped to an ORY? Thanks for your help.
Old 09-11-2004, 02:38 AM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Dear John
Do you think a cutout would be overkill if I swapped to an ORY?
It will be LOUD but the car should feel stronger in the upper rpm ranges/speeds.