Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about using larger Truck MAF

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 04:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Question about using larger Truck MAF

I have a Granatelli MAF and was told to go back to stock by RWTD. Well I call FMS and asked them about this and they said I could use the larger DELPHI stock MAF from a 00 up truck or corvette. Its the one thats alluminum on the front and plastic on the back and the actual sensor is intergrated into the ends so you cant take them off (all 1 peice). I got one of these from my family's salvage yard (free) the Delphi MAF I just got has a part#1749389. Can I just bolt this thing on and go or do I have to do anything special?
Old 09-14-2004, 05:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It has a different plug than your F-body, I would see if I could get a plug from the same place you got the maf, It uses 5 wires instead of 3 because the IAT is part of the maf on the truck and corvette mafs. To make it work right you would need to correct the maf table with a tuning software
Old 09-14-2004, 08:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BTL FED
It has a different plug than your F-body, I would see if I could get a plug from the same place you got the maf, It uses 5 wires instead of 3 because the IAT is part of the maf on the truck and corvette mafs. To make it work right you would need to correct the maf table with a tuning software
Yes you're certianly right I noticed the Air Temp sensor and the extra 2 wires after I started this thread. I can get the plug no problem but dont know if it would be worth all the trouble. Your thoughts?