Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to fix "railing" O2's??

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 06:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to fix "railing" O2's??

What tables in HP tuners would I need to modify to keep the rich/lean swing from going to ~45 and then to 800+ and then back to 45 etc? I can't see it needing to go that high and low. Just a little richer than 14.7 and a little leaner. I know it has something to do with the proportional tables but have no idea what to change. If anyone has done this please let me know what you did. My values in the closed loop proportional base vs airflow mode table are from left to right : 128 266 492 492 822 671 671 671 128. Do these seem right? What do I need to change to make the swing less. I hope I am close to the answer with these table but have no idea how to edit them. DO the O2's swinging that much hurt performance?
Thanks and any info is greatly appreciated.
Matt
Old 09-17-2004, 11:24 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by nbmls1ta
What tables in HP tuners would I need to modify to keep the rich/lean swing from going to ~45 and then to 800+ and then back to 45 etc? I can't see it needing to go that high and low. Just a little richer than 14.7 and a little leaner. I know it has something to do with the proportional tables but have no idea what to change. If anyone has done this please let me know what you did. My values in the closed loop proportional base vs airflow mode table are from left to right : 128 266 492 492 822 671 671 671 128. Do these seem right? What do I need to change to make the swing less. I hope I am close to the answer with these table but have no idea how to edit them. DO the O2's swinging that much hurt performance?
Thanks and any info is greatly appreciated.
Matt
anyone?
Old 09-17-2004, 11:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds normal... the O2s won't read constant .450 ... they swing rich lean rich lean , and the PCM uses the average to maintain average 14.7:1

Now if the O2s are swinging like that at WOT not good... but part throttle that's normal

Only thing performance related I can think of is part throttle response... not sure how this would be affected if you got the O2s closer to a constant 450 .. though at a constant 450 or closer to it... may set an insufficient switching code ... or could run into probs w/the PCM calculating the fuel trims... not sure though
Old 09-18-2004, 10:47 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by horist
sounds normal... the O2s won't read constant .450 ... they swing rich lean rich lean , and the PCM uses the average to maintain average 14.7:1

Now if the O2s are swinging like that at WOT not good... but part throttle that's normal

Only thing performance related I can think of is part throttle response... not sure how this would be affected if you got the O2s closer to a constant 450 .. though at a constant 450 or closer to it... may set an insufficient switching code ... or could run into probs w/the PCM calculating the fuel trims... not sure though
Thanks for the help I appreciate it.
Matt