Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Car Wash??

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 06:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up Car Wash??

Just recently, I switched from using my favorite car wash, Mother's California Gold to Meguair's Gold Class car wash. All I can say is, wow!! The Mother's car wash was good, but this Meguair's stuff is just AWESOME!!! The bucket and sponge stays sudsy the whole car wash!!! Stuff works dynamite. I was wondering if anyone else had used this car wash or something else that worked really well. Just wanted to let you guys know how great this stuff works.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:04 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah, I use the same stuff for my car. It works 20x better than the cr@p I used to use. Washes awesome and my car looks great!
Old 09-14-2004, 07:25 PM
TECH Junkie

All I use are Megs products. Everything except for Simple Green for the wheels/tires. But Meg's stuff is kickass for the price, and can be found just about anywhere.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:29 PM
TECH Addict

Thumbs up Meguair's

Originally Posted by Ling_650vette
All I use are Megs products. Everything except for Simple Green for the wheels/tires. But Meg's stuff is kickass for the price, and can be found just about anywhere.
I agree with the Meguair's products!!! Good stuff. I pretty much just use the Meg's for the car wash and use Zaino on everything else.
Old 09-15-2004, 08:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i also use the GC wash and it is awesome. even though i have moved away from the megs consumer line of products, i have no intention on not using their wash.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:45 PM
Teching In

I work at a car wash and prefer to take the extra 20 mins to wash it by hand with Megs!
Old 09-16-2004, 09:04 PM
TECH Junkie

I detailed for a Chevy dealer for awhile and the stuff we used was all commercial, but was good stuff. Although we used soft bristle brushes, I still prefer to wash w/ a good old fashioned sponge. Ive never used Zaino or even NXT yet, but Ive always gotten good results w/ Megs.
Old 09-16-2004, 09:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

I love how good Megs GC car wash works. I wouldn't have it any other way. =)
Old 09-16-2004, 10:06 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ling_650vette
I detailed for a Chevy dealer for awhile and the stuff we used was all commercial, but was good stuff. Although we used soft bristle brushes, I still prefer to wash w/ a good old fashioned sponge. Ive never used Zaino or even NXT yet, but Ive always gotten good results w/ Megs.

Two of the absolute WORST things you can wash your car with... Thats why a Dealer would never touch my car
Old 09-18-2004, 04:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ive enjoyed using the Mr Clean Auto Dry wash...its the perfect thing to use for my weekly washing:

1. The soap is light ( i know most dont like this part about, but its one thing I like best), and definitely does not strip any wax, just washes away particles, and leaves a nice shine.
2. If you do it correctly, drying is totally unneccessary. Your car will dry spot free without a single wipe of a chamois

But after reading this thread I decided to give the Gold Class wash a shot (I have used Meguire's washes before, specifically the NXT wash which I use once a month, because it is heavier and does strip away wax).

Well today I washed my car with the Gold Class stuff and I must say...damn, its impressive. The stuff suds up soooo beautiful, smells awesome, cleans well and DOESNT strip ANY wax off. So now Ive retired the Mr Clean, and have hired Gold Class and "The Absorber" drying towel will work overtime. As much as I love the ease of use of the Auto Dry Wash, the Gold Class shampoo is WORTH hand drying my car for. Awesome stuff.
Old 09-18-2004, 10:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Meguiars GC wash+mitt+The Abosrber=spot free shine

I used the Zaino car wash for a while and it does well, but the Meguiars seems to do a much better job of cleaning the road grime off, as well as reclaim some lost shine. I wash about once a week and am always amazed at how dirty my car was, without me even realizing it.

-Mike
Old 09-18-2004, 12:36 PM
TECH Addict

Thumbs up Combo!!!

AWESOME COMBO=Meg's GOLD CLASS car wash, Zaino polishes and waxes, and the Absorber for drying off!!! Your ride will come out NASTY!!!! Guarenteed!!!! Glad I tried this Meguair's GOLD CLASS car wash!!!!
Old 09-19-2004, 11:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

i did this exact same thing a few weeks ago, i ran out of Z7 so i used some Gold Class car wash i had laying around and i truly love it, combined w/the water filter on my Mr. Clean thing it alwasy comes out nice!

Quick Reply: Car Wash??