Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing ls6 intake, questions.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 08:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Installing ls6 intake, questions.....

I heard there is a cheap fix for the coolant tubes. Like using a Dremel to make a path for those tubes on the underside of the ls6? Anyone done that with success? It appears the only thing you would be cutting is the plastic "casting" that checkerboards the underside? Damn, that little vacuum line was a BA$%^%D to get off!!!! Otherwise, anyone know where I can get those coolant plugs and tube I need? I heard they were on backorder. BTW, if you are considering doing this swap, I thought it was pretty easy besides that little vacuum tube off the backside of the intake. I would have had it off in about 20-30 minutes. I guess I should buy new intake gaskets since they were wet with oil.
Old 09-19-2004, 08:43 PM
TECH Addict

I just installed my LS6 intake yesterday afternoon and was having the same problem. This is what I did.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/217227-ls6-intake-problem.html
Old 09-19-2004, 09:09 PM
TECH Addict

You and I almost have the exact same set up. Let me know if you dyno and retune it soon. The guy on ls1howto picked up 24rwhp!!!! That's nuts. Thanks for the help. I'll call around tomorrow with the part #'s just to see if I can get the parts this week. I'm still curious about all the oil around my intake gaskets. The thing kept killing my driver side 02 every month or so. We figured it is possibly an injector issue, so I got the upgraded new 28.8 lb injectors. Guess I'll find out.
Old 09-24-2004, 06:13 AM
Teching In

I got them from a sponsor off another site. PM me if interested.
Old 09-24-2004, 01:01 PM
TECH Addict

I'll probably dyno again once the cold weather starts to show up with the only mod affecting hp being the LS6 intake. I'll post the results when I do.