Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls6 manifold help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 02:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy ls6 manifold help!!!!!

i need to install my ls6 manifold on my 2000 camaro. but im a little confused, im getting rid of the egr, but in the back of manifold, there is to plugs 1 for the brake pump, and the other one that used to go to a bypass that was connected to egr, and air pump, what should i do with that plug, now that i removed that?? the other question is what fuse do i get rid off when i get rid of my air pump?? there is 2 air pump fuses, dont know which 1 to get rid off
Old 09-21-2004, 03:17 PM
Banned

You will want to pull -both- of those fuses to disable the AIR pump. As for the lines on the back fo the intake, I'm not sure what it is you're seeing. On the back of my stock LS1, it has the brake booster, and a 3 way junction for some very small vaccum lines. I dont remember, but I think those are part of your AC controls. I didn't see any EGR connections on the back.
Old 09-21-2004, 05:30 PM
TECH Addict

You need to get a little cap that will slip over the unneeded vacuum line. I got mine at Napa, it is a little red cap.

There are two fuses you will remove for the air pump. On the fuse boxes, I think there is one air fuse in each box you need to remove if I remember correctly. Just look at the stickers on your fuses boxes, remove the two fuses that are marked as "air pump" and "air" something, I forgot. You can't miss 'em though.
Old 09-22-2004, 09:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

umm i didnt have to cap anything on the intake, that hose goes to the pcv system for vaccuum if i remember correctly.
Old 09-23-2004, 02:21 PM
Teching In

now im confused, im going to try to explain better, there is a big hose for brakes, then there is a little hole. where a little hose conncets to, and right next to that hole there is another little hose that connects somewhere else, so right now i have two things connected to the manifold, the brakes and 1 little hose, got another little hose that it seems like it connects to air pump, or egr, not sure?