Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new pvc

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 08:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default new pvc

i need a new pcv..no one has them in stock so i guess im going to have to order one..my question is..does the new pcv come with the new rubber "holder".. mine broke and i didnt know if the new one came with this rubber piece or not as i have never bought one. if not anyone have the part number..thanks
matt
Old 09-22-2004, 09:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought one from Napa, but it was just the valve. As far as the other part, I think that would be exclusive to GM. Maybe you could fabricate the rubber piece?
Old 09-22-2004, 09:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yep i will make one then, just didnt know if it came as a whole unit or not.. guess ill have to get a hose to fit over the unit and then get a coupling reducer to fit it to the rest of the line..I acutually needed the whole pcv assembly as the rubber "y" that connected the driver side valvecover to the passanger side valvecover,and tied it all to the pcv broke, as did most of my other hose from normal high mileage use..went to price a new assembly..115 clams i said f that i will just make my own..the guy behind the counter kind of mumbled..yea good luck..i mumbled back yea 3 feet of fuel hose and a .25 tee fitting,,should be pretty hard to make.. works like a new one. hell, you cant see it anyway way in the back on the firewall..make no mistake..gm tries to get there money..what a rip..charged me 8.50 for a rocker arm bolt..dang A$$ bandits..