Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

02ws6 vs. 2 5.0s worked

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 07:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Post 02ws6 vs. 2 5.0s worked

Well here I am again typing my long street racing story, hoping you will read the entire thing. I will try to use paragraphs but really don't know how.
The first race was against my friends 1980 mustang with an 82 front end and an 88 rear lx end with a worked carbed. 302(he also has the 65shelby cobra replica posted in earlier kill). Earlier this week he had his slicks on with vht track bite and I was in my wrx and wanted to test them out so I went with him . We stage and count off and go ends up that my wrx blows up the auto. in everygear(warrantied anyway) so I have to get revenge on him even if he is a friend . Like I was saying last night comes and he wants to run the ws6 so bad he told me he would give me the leave, I laughed and said I don't need it(he has switched back to normal radials now). We go to the same spot where I blew my wrx at. Before I left I lowered the nittos down to 20psi. We arrived with a crowd and smoke'em up and stage with my friend setting us off. I revved the auto to 1300 and leave like a bat outta hell and put 1/1/2 cars on him by the time we hit like 70ish at the end I had 2 carlenghts on him(my car 2 cars then maybe him) I won. . He tells me later he did the heads and cam and thought he could pull low 11s and thought he was going to pull me down but I said well maybe if you had your slicks it would have been a different stroy.
Now for race #2. After I run my friend a kid with sadly the same first name as me wants to run me in a few minutes so my car can cool off(have the fan-mod going). I asked him what he had and he said the black convertible GT 90ish with a blower and slicks I said sure j/k. I asked my friend what it was he said heads, cam, supercharger and slicks and he told me that the kid can't really launch that well. I said sure why not no money and we go to do our burnouts with my friend launching us I did the same with the 20lbs and line lock and roll right up to the start line. My friend sets us off and I launch great and he is hanging off my bumper by like 60ish and starts pulling at about 80 or so. I am floored so hard it hurts cause now the finish is coming up and he is at my door now . Bye the time we hit the end my nose is at his tail and I lost . I slow down and he tells me he could not hook up even after his burnout and said he was a stick. I said ohh well just have to put more money into my car now and we go back to pick up our friends and go back to the parking lot. On the way there my friends told me that they sorta knew the guy and thought he was a high 11sec. car 11.90s or so. So now I just have to wait for Speed Incorporated to send me my 3200 vigilante stall.
Hope it was worth the read and you guys enjoyed it I am going to post my exact launch in the tire section. P.S. Tell me if you know how to indent after you post it cause I can't do it. Now it is indented with the paragraphs but when I post it is not separated. Thanx.
Old 09-26-2004, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice kill/death. I thought wrx's only came with a stick?? And I have the same problem with not being able to start a paragraphs, I figured it's because I don't know what the hell i'm doing with computers...lol
Old 09-26-2004, 07:56 PM
Launching!

Sounds like a some fun runs man. Good job!
Old 09-27-2004, 11:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

i've lost to a charged gt before.. i was bone stock then. the only thing was that the gt never wanted to go from a dead stop. we always went from a roll. his excuse was that his rear end, tractions problems, clutch and all. nice runs tho.
Old 09-28-2004, 12:37 PM
Launching!

did you ever find out what year that GT was?
Old 09-28-2004, 02:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

it was a 96..a blue one... the blower was pretty loud too. i'm always down to run tho.. even if i know i'll probably loose
Old 09-29-2004, 07:10 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like some good runs.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:08 PM
12 Second Club

Good runs man. Keep modding.