Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

00 Z28 vs 02 Mercedes S600

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 01:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 00 Z28 vs 02 Mercedes S600

I took a day off of work today, so I decided that tonight, since I was so relaxed from not dealing with miscellaneous crap all day, I'd go out for a cruise with my fiancee. We were cruising down the main drag here, when I saw some hyper-blue lights coming up pretty damn fast in the rearview. Guy comes by me doing about 15-20 over in a big Mercedes sedan ( I do the speed limit through that section, cause cops are everywhere ), I speed up to see if he wanted to play, 'cause I'd already missed a chance with an Evo, and really wanted a kill.

Got up next to him and saw that it was a friend of mine from the track. I asked him if he wanted to go a little further down the road, and he said yeah. So we went down a couple miles to where the traffic and police presence drops off. He honked three times at 60 and we were off. My car pulls better from a roll, and I started walking him pretty good to 110, where my fiancee insists that I let off. Since I can't concentrate too well with a passenger screaming bloody murder for me to stop, ( Tried to do a top speed run with her in the car one time... Backed off at 130, 'cause she was getting hysterical ) I backed off. I had probably about 4 or 5 car-lengths on him at that point. We pulled into a Chevron further down and talked for a minute. He works for a local car dealer and was playing with it before it goes to auction tomorrow. He also told me that the dealer was a dumbass who put 87 octane in it.

All in all a pretty cool experience. Sorry it's not that great of a post, just felt like telling somebody. Though its nice to know that I can kill cars that cost three times as much as mine new
Old 10-19-2004, 09:32 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I know what you mean about the GF. First time I took
mine out in the SS I decided to show her what it could
do (she was going on and on about how her Jag was
faster), launched it across US-1 and slalomed onto the
on-ramp and by the time I hit 100MPH she was slapping
me and shrieking like mad (smart, when I'm driving like
that... try and distract me).

For some reason she would rather drive when we go out,
now. Fine by me
Old 10-19-2004, 09:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Fiance just grips the arms rest and puts her head back on the seat to keep from getting whiplash