Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SES Light on last night

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 07:37 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SES Light on last night

Well my problems continue but in a good way...i've been getting horrible gas mileage, rough idle, clutch needs to be replaced, etc. I've tried taking the car into the dealer for this and all they wanted to do was a top end cleaner, said everyhting checked out ok and since there was no ses light on then they said they didn't check for codes. I had already done new plugs, fuel filter, air filter, top end cleaner, sea foam, etc. and still had this problem. Well on my way home last night my car had only got 152 miles with less than a quarter tank left on city/freeway driving (the worst i've ever gotten). Its been getting significantly less and less each month. the car is a 2001 Trans Am M6 with 35,000 miles on it. The light came on and for some reason i said to myself "thankgod" because i could now take it to the dealer, have them check the code and the car is under an extended warranty. Now just waiting to hear back from them later today on what the diagnosis is. Anyone wanna take a guess? I'm guessing either between catalytic converters shot, fuel pump, or an o2 sensor. Mods are Ported TB, Lid, Catback, and some traction mods, thats it. I'll post when i find out the culprit
Old 10-22-2004, 07:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, please post b/c I'm want to know too. Could it be injectors?