Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lid and SSRA installed, liking both.

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 01:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lid and SSRA installed, liking both.

Just got done putting in a smooth bellows, SLP Lid, and the SSRA and it's definitely a SOTP feel.

Also put in the pro 5.0 shifter and the slp !cags. The pro 5.0 was a little stiff for the first two days. Was nearly impossible to get that thing into reverse. Though day 3, and I didnt have much of a problem getting it in gear to play with it this afternoon.

Did anyone notch their SLP Lid to match the little raised metal bit on the stock MAF? It took me a good 30 mins playing with the bellows maf and lid before I got it to where I could keep both Lid snaps down. Seems to me that it was due to the slp lid not having that notch and I think it was tilted just enough to make it a pain in the ****.

Was money well spent getting the lid and ssra.
Old 10-31-2004, 03:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Dentalguy
Just got done putting in a smooth bellows, SLP Lid, and the SSRA and it's definitely a SOTP feel.

Also put in the pro 5.0 shifter and the slp !cags. The pro 5.0 was a little stiff for the first two days. Was nearly impossible to get that thing into reverse. Though day 3, and I didnt have much of a problem getting it in gear to play with it this afternoon.

Did anyone notch their SLP Lid to match the little raised metal bit on the stock MAF? It took me a good 30 mins playing with the bellows maf and lid before I got it to where I could keep both Lid snaps down. Seems to me that it was due to the slp lid not having that notch and I think it was tilted just enough to make it a pain in the ****.

Was money well spent getting the lid and ssra.

congrats.
glad to hear you like your intake set up.
i had to notch my bellows a little but not my lid, i have the tsp lid though.
Old 10-31-2004, 04:49 PM
TECH Veteran

That is a good combo nice mods.
Old 10-31-2004, 09:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Dentalguy
...Did anyone notch their SLP Lid to match the little raised metal bit on the stock MAF? ....
I have the SLP lid and I notched the lid for the metal bit on the stock MAF. The front lip of the SLP lid needs to fit on the inside of the botton portion of the air box. If you try and fit it over the botton portion of the lid, the snaps will never stay shut.

Quick Reply: Lid and SSRA installed, liking both.