Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

TA vs Golf 1.8T GTI with 50 shot

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 03:09 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TA vs Golf 1.8T GTI with 50 shot

I pulled up in a local Mickey D's so my girlfriend can use the bathroom. It is same Mickey D's for local car racers in Glen Burnie. A lot of ricers are there. Some guy walked up with me and asked me if I wanted to race a GTI for 40-50 bucks. He would also race from the hole. I was thinking why would he race a TA in a little GTI. It must be some major work done to it. It was too bad that I had my girlfriend with me and a lot of stuff in the back of the car. My girlfriend dont like to be around street racing because she is peragant but I can understand. I actually got her blessing this time cuz she thinks I can take him. After I consulted with my girlfriend and she wanted to get dropped off to her friend house along dropping off some stuff at the back of the car for weight reduction. I drove back for GTI hunting. We agreed for $40.00 from a stop. I checked for big intercooler under the radiator. He does have TA G-Force drag radial. He wouldn't pop the hood to hide his mods. I told him that I am stock but catback exhaust. We got out of the Mickey's and went into a local dead end road. After we marked the quarter mile, we both dropped our tire pressure and we ran. Here's the result

I messed up first lineup because I was in reverse after a big burnout. He stopped and back up for me. It was very sportmanship of him to do so.

We staged again. I got off a half way decent launch. I got 3 cars hole shot and I pulled another 7-10 car lengths on him. It wasnt close.

He wanted to go again because he said he let me go in reverse. I told him thats fine. However, if I lost, it is best 2 out 3. If he lost again, i won the 40 bucks.

Last run, he dropped more tire pressure. I got off a TERRIBLE launch. He got off a decent hole shot off me with 1 car length. The weather is too cold and I can get traction worth ****. I wheeled him back by second gear and pulled 3 car lengths on a quarter.

He was a cool guy and admit defeat. He came clean and he said that he has chip, cai, exhaust, and 50 shots. He has beaten stock carmaro/firebird before. He said he is running low-mid 13's with his mods. He is pretty fast car. I came clean with my stall convertor.
Old 11-07-2004, 05:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a waste of rubber. At least the $40 will pay for a tank of gas.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

i lined up against a 1.8T at the track the other day and he ran 12.02 at 115 vs my 12.84 @104 and made me go .
i used to not think highly of them till then but now i have ot be a little more leary of those buggers they can certainly surprise you...
Old 11-11-2004, 02:01 AM
Launching!

yep good kill nice money run and very sportsman off him. I know alot of people around here that as soon as you move across the line or backwards in your case and the other guy is gone you just lost the money. The only way there is a restart is if you noticed that you messed up before you launch and don't move, once you move it is on. I also wanted to say remember on the street you never know whos wallet is bigger than yours cause all you need is money to be fast.