Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Could've been owned...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 10:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Could've been owned...

Well the other night my dad and I were cruising around in his 93 vette as we sometimes do. Not too many cars out at all, none even to play with. Well we were sitting at a light waiting to get onto the freeway, and this car pulls up next to us. I thought it was another ricer car or something so I looked over to get a better look, and the driver was driving on the RIGHT side. No ****. He had a big **** grin on his face and gave us a few revs. Sounded good. I advised my dad not to play with this one (although it would have been interesting).

The light turned green and he took off like hell, possibly more exaggerated since we didn't get on it any. Well I got to see the back end of it, and there's no doubt to me that it was a fixed up Nissan Skyline. The backend was correct, and the bastard was driving on the right side... so yeah. Definitely could have been owned right there. AWD inline 6 twin turbo . Even though the vette pulls like a **** in 1st in 2nd. Probably would have been killed.

Now if I was in my Camaro I'd probably give him a run just for the hell of it. If you can beat me, good job, you have faster car. I'd like to catch that guy one of these days and see what he has... definitely not "rice" in my book, it's a car that deserves some respect.

Have any of you guys run into a modded Skyline? I know if he was bone stock I could beat him... but if you're serious enough to have that car, then it has be running more boost among other things...
Old 11-07-2004, 11:11 PM
Teching In

Yea, with it being a REAL Skyline I think this forum should have been titled "Would've been owned" And your probably right about it being modded too. Man...a right drive skyline, I could go for 1.
Old 11-07-2004, 11:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah same thing, could or would... I choose "could" mostly because we didn't race him, but I know he'd win... now if only I had my turbo

The funny thing is whenever I drive my car I never run into any good cars to play with. But then I'll be driving around in my truck, or riding in the vette and then that's where all the action at.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NavySS
The funny thing is whenever I drive my car I never run into any good cars to play with. But then I'll be driving around in my truck, or riding in the vette and then that's where all the action at.
same **** happens to me
Old 11-08-2004, 07:26 AM
TECH Resident

a stock skyline wouldnt exactly "own" an lt1 vette especially if the vette is a 6 speed, they arent that fast. probably wasnt modded because he spent all his money buying the car .
Old 11-08-2004, 08:24 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by hondakiller
a stock skyline wouldnt exactly "own" an lt1 vette especially if the vette is a 6 speed, they arent that fast. probably wasnt modded because he spent all his money buying the car .
Well considering the only way to get a Skyline is through Motorex out in LA and they import all the stuff from the tuner market over in Japan.......... I bet it was stock You guys talk about how Supras own from a roll. Well skylines own from a roll and rape down low. I would love to have one. Problem is a used R34 is still over $60k. Yet another bullet proof Nissan motor.

Brandon
Old 11-08-2004, 10:33 AM
TECH Addict

well the r32 and r33's are a little bit faster because theyre alot lighter. the r34 just looks alot better in my book