Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Piston Slap 2002 Trans Am Ce

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 10:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Piston Slap 2002 Trans Am Ce

I Am Currently Having Problems With Piston Slap And The Dealer Tells Me This A Characteristic In The Motor. They Do Not Want To Repair It And It Is Still Under Warranty. Anybody Had Any Luck Getting Their Piston Slap Repaired? I Own A 2002 Pontiac Trans Am Collector Edition And I'm Afraid If I Try To Trade It Off Later I Will Have Problems Because Of This Piston Slap. All Info. On This Will Be Greatly Appreciated.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Normally, it is just annoying, and not detrimental to the engine. I too have piston slap or something. On cold start, there is a knock that sounds like its coming from the lower end. It stays there until the engine gets to full operating temp. I will be trying to get mine repaired within a few months. If it is not really bad, I doubt you will have any luck getting anything done. I wrote service for a Pontiac dealer for 5 years and I can only recall one time that we did anything. My car is the worst I have heard so I am hoping they will make the repair. You might try and get an appt with the G.M. service rep for your dealer. If he says repair it, they will.