First event i've ever run was a goodie!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 11:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default First event i've ever run was a goodie!!!

I finally got the car all legal to race and runnin pretty good, so I decided to go out to the Citrus Nationals at Moroso yesterday. I went a couple rounds and brought home some money and a money sticker!!!

I ended up goin two rounds and while waitin for the third, we got rained on and they called the race and split the money between the winners of the previous round. Ended up bein $107.xx each!! Nice payout for two rounds of work.

I lucked out first round, was lined up against a red 70-1/2 - 72 z28 that runs 11.40's and he would've won cuz I had some problems, but he redlighted. What happened was I was dialed at 11.80, and we were the first in line, I went and spun through the waterbox and got ready to do my burnout and they told us to cut it for the national anthem. So when they were done, I had the guy back me up into the water box again to get the tires wet and I don't think he backed me up enough, cuz I couldn't keep the car still for the burnout, was hookin and pushin through my front tires!!! So I ended up goin up to the line and knowing I was gonna spin, and I did! Went 11.930 @ 117.24 (new best mph!!!!) on a 1.810 60' on an 11.80 dial to his 11.446 @ 119.69 on a 1.601 60' on an 11.40 dial!

Second round, lined up next to a gn and took him out! He went right on his dial, but had a crappy r/t. I finally had a decent r/t with the new led lights with an .089 (I usually cut 5.30's or better on the regular lights, so this is still kind of crappy for me, but better than I had all day) compared to his .253. I ran him down before the traps and after I had a car on him a little before the traps I tapped the brakes and coasted through, just to make sure I didn't break out!!!

Then while waiting for the third round, we got rained out and the money was split. $107.xx each! I had a lot of fun, and it was cool to go some rounds and take home some cash, especially with this being the first event i've ever run!!!
Old 11-28-2004, 03:47 PM
TECH Junkie

I also got a chance to meet Derek (Villain281H), very nice guy, was nice to meet ya and shoot the **** with ya!!! Hopefully i'll see ya at future events man!!!
Old 11-28-2004, 04:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice runs
Old 11-28-2004, 09:27 PM
TECH Resident

Sweet glad to see it back @ the track the car seems to be running damn good
Old 11-28-2004, 11:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Street Racer
Sweet glad to see it back @ the track the car seems to be running damn good
Thanks guys!!! Mike, I can't wait to spray her, it's gonna be sweet!!! Something weird happened tonight though that has me a little worried! Ran blueballs on 95 on the way home from cr chicks tonight and took it almost to the shift light in 3rd (he was pullin pretty hard and couldn't figure out why, found out after he sprayed me, ******, hehe), but a ton of smoke was comin out from under my car!!! We pulled over and nothin was comin out, not overheating, tranny temp was good, saw nothing leaking! I checked all my fluids and they're all good!! I'm wonderin if it's possible that I had some **** built up in there that it was just blowin out, cuz it actually seems to be running smoother and idlin a bit better now, weird ****!!!!
Old 11-29-2004, 11:58 AM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Devon,

Good meeting you too! Glad to see you earned some cash on your first night, as I took few trips to the track before I ever visited the payout window. I was wanting to race the rest of the night, but I guess Mother Nature had other ideas. Good luck with the Bradenton trip (hang on b/c it should hook with the new shocks). If you ever decide to venture north to Gainesville, let me know (we get awesome DA here in Jan-Feb for Saturday TNT's) and maybe I'll catch you at a Super Chevy or my next visit to Moroso.

Derek
Old 11-29-2004, 07:37 PM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats Devon! Sweet for your 1st time out.

Coach
Old 11-29-2004, 08:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Villain281H
Devon,

Good meeting you too! Glad to see you earned some cash on your first night, as I took few trips to the track before I ever visited the payout window. I was wanting to race the rest of the night, but I guess Mother Nature had other ideas. Good luck with the Bradenton trip (hang on b/c it should hook with the new shocks). If you ever decide to venture north to Gainesville, let me know (we get awesome DA here in Jan-Feb for Saturday TNT's) and maybe I'll catch you at a Super Chevy or my next visit to Moroso.

Derek
Who knows, depending on how the van does towing to bradenton, maybe i'll make a venture up to gainesville in the near future for a night or two! I definately can't wait for bradenton, first time spraying and a hooking track is gonna be fun and yield some nice new bests!!!
Old 11-29-2004, 08:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Coach 02 A3 Z/28
Congrats Devon! Sweet for your 1st time out.

Coach
Thanks coach!!! I'm lookin for some new all motor bests wed night at T&T, it'll be the first time out with the new shocks goin off the t-brake! And I should have the tnt kit installed within the next week and the bradenton rental will be the first time I spray and hopefully join the low 10 second club! I kind of miss my old converter, cuttin 1.5x's off the footbrake, but it'll be worth it when I hit it and hopefully get back down to 1.5's or better and run a second to a second and a half faster!

Quick Reply: First event i've ever run was a goodie!!!