Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Hmm... Where to start...

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 04:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Hmm... Where to start...

Okay, got in quite a few races tonight.

1st race: My car vs. 2003 Mach 1 spraying a 125 shot. This is my friend's car, so he's pretty straight up with me about what he's doin'. We went from a 40 roll first, with him spraying ( his bottle was about empty, with low pressure ). He pulled ahead of me slightly to about 80, then I started pulling on him, and by 120, I had put about four carlengths on him.

Round 2, we go again, this time with his bottle empty, from a 30 roll. Three honks and we go. My car downshifted to 1st and spun for a second, then started pulling on him pretty hard. Blew by him at 80. Held in it to 140(!)

Round 3, by this time we were just playing around. Kicked it at about 55, I pulled on by him and held it to the floor. Speedo hit 150 before I backed out of it, and that was about as fast as I wanted to go.

2nd race: My car vs. 2003 Evo 8 with upgraded turbo, upgraded FMIC, upgraded BOV, and running about 23 psi. We went from a 40 kick first, he jumped the gun a lil bit, and at 110 ( his car shuts off in 5th for some reason ), he had about three carlengths on me.

Round 2, started from a 30 kick, car downshifted and didn't spin that much. Got a bumper on him until about 80, and he started pulling, putting about 1 1/2 carlengths on me at 110.

3rd race: 1993 Mazda RX-7 turbo with 25psi vs. 2003 Evo 8 from Race 2. They both went from 60, RX-7 put about two cars on him at 110.

4th race: Me vs. 99-04(?) Mustang GT. Not really a race. Dunno what he had done to the car, but he came up behind me doin' about 60 and accelerating. I kicked it when he came by, and quickly put him away at about 90. Easy kill.

Oh, and there was a burnout contest. Some old hoopties with open diffs thought they could do a better one than me. I burned 'em down so well it hid the car, and people were choking from the smoke. That reminds me, I gotta get some new tires...

Good night for racing, but I think that I've flogged her enough for now. I'm gonna baby her all winter, then after the gears, tires, headers and dyno-tune, I think I'll be ready to rape most cars around here pretty good...

Hope I entertained you guys with my lame stories of racing around the Montgomery area.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:59 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jet_black
Okay, got in quite a few races tonight.

1st race: My car vs. 2003 Mach 1 spraying a 125 shot. This is my friend's car, so he's pretty straight up with me about what he's doin'. We went from a 40 roll first, with him spraying ( his bottle was about empty, with low pressure ). He pulled ahead of me slightly to about 80, then I started pulling on him, and by 120, I had put about four carlengths on him.

Round 2, we go again, this time with his bottle empty, from a 30 roll. Three honks and we go. My car downshifted to 1st and spun for a second, then started pulling on him pretty hard. Blew by him at 80. Held in it to 140(!)

Round 3, by this time we were just playing around. Kicked it at about 55, I pulled on by him and held it to the floor. Speedo hit 150 before I backed out of it, and that was about as fast as I wanted to go.

2nd race: My car vs. 2003 Evo 8 with upgraded turbo, upgraded FMIC, upgraded BOV, and running about 23 psi. We went from a 40 kick first, he jumped the gun a lil bit, and at 110 ( his car shuts off in 5th for some reason ), he had about three carlengths on me.

Round 2, started from a 30 kick, car downshifted and didn't spin that much. Got a bumper on him until about 80, and he started pulling, putting about 1 1/2 carlengths on me at 110.

3rd race: 1993 Mazda RX-7 turbo with 25psi vs. 2003 Evo 8 from Race 2. They both went from 60, RX-7 put about two cars on him at 110.

4th race: Me vs. 99-04(?) Mustang GT. Not really a race. Dunno what he had done to the car, but he came up behind me doin' about 60 and accelerating. I kicked it when he came by, and quickly put him away at about 90. Easy kill.

Oh, and there was a burnout contest. Some old hoopties with open diffs thought they could do a better one than me. I burned 'em down so well it hid the car, and people were choking from the smoke. That reminds me, I gotta get some new tires...

Good night for racing, but I think that I've flogged her enough for now. I'm gonna baby her all winter, then after the gears, tires, headers and dyno-tune, I think I'll be ready to rape most cars around here pretty good...

Hope I entertained you guys with my lame stories of racing around the Montgomery area.
Good kills/deaths. Remember with the tires and gears to get a stall.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

good kills...sounds like Montgomery is hoppin...now what I would have expected. I bet Alabama is jumpin' this morning. Auburn kicked *** yesterday.
Old 12-05-2004, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Great kills, loss, and witnessed kill. Sounds like alot of fun.
Old 12-05-2004, 06:49 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BiGGinZ
Good kills/deaths. Remember with the tires and gears to get a stall.
Well, gonna get that stall shortly thereafter. Once I get the car paid off, which'll be about this time next year, I'm gonna reward myself with a TCI 3500 Street Fighter. I just don't want to soften the driveability right at the moment. I'm getting the headers instead of the 'verter.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:34 PM
TECH Resident

real nice runs. Once you get some upgrades, you will have no problems taking those evo's.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:56 PM
On The Tree

Default question

your buddy that has the mach is it auto or man? can he drive and does he have any traction cause i've yet to meet an ls1 with your kind of mods that i didn't pull on and slowly walk away from. i don't know maybe he's just ragged his car out or maybe your car is just extremely fast. all i know is that when you catch 3rd in a ram airs face and 4th about a car ahead of them it tends to **** them off, top end cars what?
Old 12-18-2004, 06:24 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by white ghost
your buddy that has the mach is it auto or man? can he drive and does he have any traction cause i've yet to meet an ls1 with your kind of mods that i didn't pull on and slowly walk away from. i don't know maybe he's just ragged his car out or maybe your car is just extremely fast. all i know is that when you catch 3rd in a ram airs face and 4th about a car ahead of them it tends to **** them off, top end cars what?
It's an auto. Actually, last I heard from another friend, he's buying an EVO. And these runs were from a roll, so yeah, he had traction. His car is an 03, so I don't think it's ragged out. Off the bottle, he pulls me from 40 to about 75-80, cause I have no stall and my car is pulling out of the basement in 2nd, and then I come hauling *** by him. My car gains on the top end. If you notice, I have run a few 107 trap speeds, and normally run about 106. My car has the problem with traction.

On another note, there are a few people who consider my car a factory freak. It was a little faster stock than other stock cars like mine.