Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TDs just way to loud

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 12:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TDs just way to loud

Well...i freakin LOVE the way my tsp duals sound. But in my stalled A4 its just a bit to much. Mainly due to the fact my car is a cop magnet now. I got myself some moroso spiral flows, gonna switch them out with the bullets to see the differance. Hopefully it can shut it up enough so I can keep it. Anybody ever go from bullets to the spiral flows?

just need some opinions, thanks
Old 12-05-2004, 01:47 PM
11 Second Truck Club

I feel ya, let me know if the spiral flows help. I bet it sucks with a stall. I'm constantly out of the gas near cops around here.
Old 12-05-2004, 01:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

You need to get away from all bullet (small) mufflers to kill your loud tone. The larger the muffler the more sound that is taken away. I doubt the spirals will make any difference except change the way it sounds. It won't quiet it down unless you install a larger muffler. High flow cats are another way to take the tone down some. My true duals with have twin 93506 car sound cats to kill rasp and fuel smell.
Old 12-05-2004, 02:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

try the twisters, they should definitely quiet it down. they don't get real loud til you put in a big cam.
Old 12-05-2004, 02:28 PM
TECH Resident

The 18" Twisters are the quietest I've used. Still nasty when you're on the gas, but fairly mellow at cruising speeds.

Straight bullets are just obnoxious... Which is great for some people, but usually gets old fast.
Old 12-05-2004, 02:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
try the twisters, they should definitely quiet it down. they don't get real loud til you put in a big cam.
yea thats what happened to me. it was really loud to begin with, but i could deal with it. then i put a cam in and i had to take them off. it sounded great, but was just way too much for a daily driver
Old 12-05-2004, 03:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by griffz28350
yea thats what happened to me. it was really loud to begin with, but i could deal with it. then i put a cam in and i had to take them off. it sounded great, but was just way too much for a daily driver
i've heard Lane's setup w/twisters on a stalled a4 w/a trex, it sounds wicked great, just loud as all hell. and he wants it louder LOL.
Old 12-05-2004, 03:36 PM
On The Tree

well ive got a small 221/221 cam...so it shouldnt be THAT bad with the twisters right? Only thing ill have to do is have an exhaust shop make hangers on the twisters for me. Thanks for all the help guys!