Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

readiness bits - pre inspection troubles

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 10:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default readiness bits - pre inspection troubles

Hi all - Im having some trouble setting my readiness status monitors to complete.

My misfire (continuous) and evaporative system (once per trip) status are always incomplete. Ive left the same tune in the car for months without clearing any codes, and these two still say incomplete. I have removed AIR and no rear o2s but i dont set any codes.

Any ideas, thanks...
-Tony

Last edited by GuitsBoy; 12-07-2004 at 11:52 AM.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GuitsBoy
Hi all - Im having some trouble setting my readiness status monitors to complete.

My misfire (continuous) and evaporative system (once per trip) status are always incomplete. Ive left the same tune in the car for months without crearing any codes, and these two still say incomplete. I have removed AIR but i dont set any codes.

Any ideas, thanks...
-Tony

email me your file at jessebubb@yahoo.com ill fix it for you. they will always show complete.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

File sent. Its in HPTuners .bin format. I hope this is okay.

Im still curious as to why this would happen. Is it indicitave of a problem? Is it because of any of the DTCs I have disabled?

Wait4me, than you very much for the help!

-T
Old 12-07-2004, 01:19 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GuitsBoy
File sent. Its in HPTuners .bin format. I hope this is okay.

Im still curious as to why this would happen. Is it indicitave of a problem? Is it because of any of the DTCs I have disabled?

Wait4me, than you very much for the help!

-T

All you need to do is set your SES test to disabled for each system that the test is monitoring. It will immediately show up as complete when you turn the key on. I had to do this not too long ago for my OBDII test for my tag.
Old 12-07-2004, 01:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Okay, maybe thats the quick fix. I still dont know why my misfire is incomplete, since I still have the stock cam and I havnt disabled any DTC's regarding misfire. Any I dont know why the EVAP system wont complete either. I havnt touched anything that should disturb these tests, have I?

Thanks again for the replies, guys!
Old 12-07-2004, 04:35 PM
TECH Addict

hi i looked at your file, the reason why your misfire isnt completing may be due to the fact of you running wayyyy to much timing, 30 to 35 at idle isnt good, and or the fact that that bin you gave me has errors all over in it, including no dtc information. i cant turn off or on anything, can you send me your stocker, i want to check something out, and if you would like ill just set you up with a program for your headers. jes
Old 12-07-2004, 04:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

wait4me - I sent my stock bin. What other errors do you mean? Errors in the file, like an incomplete transfer? Or just user error as far as my crappy tune? Anyway, I dont know what you mean about no DTC info? I have the DTC codes set to #3 for my rear 02s, cat efficiency, and AIR. I also have the AIR fuse pulled, though i wouldnt imagine that having anything to do with it. As far as the spark being so advanced, I hadnt realized it was like that until you pointed it out. Ill bet it started out life as the LS6 spark table. My VE started out as a LS6 VE tables as well. Both have since been modified alot by way of trial and error.... but mostly error.

I really dont want you to go through any trouble with this. But if youre willing to point me in the right direction, it is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,
-T
Old 12-07-2004, 04:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Actually, on second though, the advanced idle and off idle timing could have been in effort to eliminate low TPA bucking inthe cold weather. I read somewhere that adding a few degrees of timing there would elp with this.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Okay, I started off with my original bin file and reworked it from scratch, taking pieces from other known good files. I also left as many DTCs enabled as I could. After about 15 miles of driving I have completed all tests except for the misfire test. Im very happy that my evap test finally completed, as that one scared me the most. Anyway, does anyone have any ideas why my misfire test never completes?
Old 12-09-2004, 03:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got my "OBDII port" inspection sticker here in MA, and my missfire always says "incomplete" also.........??
Old 12-09-2004, 04:09 PM
TECH Addict

hi there, sorry i didnt reply sooner, the errors i saw where actually a bug in hptuner software that i just got an update from, the old version was fine, but the new one wasnt working, ill find the problem in the file you sent me if you want, if not, you can just start from your working file jes