Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lid Fitment

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 01:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lid Fitment

I just got my TSP Lid today..and i wne tto put it on took the 2 plastic pieces out from the old air induction..and then...i put the lid on and noticed on the back left and right corners i can see the Orange Filter i have under there..i still got a box filter btw. and the front seems to be going inside the front of the old bottom part..then...on the sides there seems to be a gap in between the bottom and the bottom of my lid.. I know this is gonna sound confusing but it seems to be sealing..it just doesn't fit up perfect.
Old 12-08-2004, 01:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

search, many people have had lid fitment problems
Old 12-08-2004, 02:04 PM
TECH Regular

my first lid fit horribly. it was a clear lid and i could see about a 1/8gap all the way around where the filter wasnt sealing. in the area where the section comes out to the bellows the gap between the filter and lid was so bad i could stick a screwdriver thru it.

i wasnt at all confident using it so i exchanged it for a slp unit, which was cheaper and fit quite nicely.

my advice is if you are unsure about it, try swapping with a different one to see if you like it better. i'm glad i did, and so is my motor.
Old 12-08-2004, 02:10 PM
11 Second Club

i have an SLP lid, the only fitment problem i had was that i didnt realize the the front lip of the lid goes inside of the air box so that it will latch properly, before i did that, id drive for like 5 minutes and check it, one of the latches kept coming unhooked
Old 12-08-2004, 05:25 PM
TECH Resident

i think its sealed i just think it isn't suppose to align perfectly...it feels sealed..and should be working..considering..that my rubbe rpart in between my throttle body and maf was all screwed up then when i drove around the air blowing through it popped it all out and made it look nice on the rubber piece
Old 12-08-2004, 05:42 PM
12 Second Club

RE-INSTALL IT....MAKE SURE EVERYTHING GETS TUCKED...LIPS ON THE BAK ETC. MAKE SURE YOUR SMOOTHE BELLOW AND YOUR MAF AND LID ARE SLID ALL THE WAY ONTO ONE ANOTHER UGH sry for caps. didnt realize it was on (dad keeps using my comp to play spider solitaire)
Old 12-08-2004, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is this a new lid from them? If so, I am VERY upset because I have had an order in with them for like 6 months waiting for a lid and I have been in touch with them the whole time. They were supposed to contact me when they were ready and promised to ship to those who ordered first. Please tell me this is used or you too ordered a long time ago.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:02 PM
TECH Resident

it was new but used.. if u know what i mean..someone didn't use it...i bought it from them..
Old 12-08-2004, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok good to know. Thanks!