Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Me and the WRX against a Mach 1?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 01:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Me and the WRX against a Mach 1?

Alright guys so sorry to post again about my wrx kills but if you guys are like me you like reading about any kind of street racing not just LSX so here we go:

This was a typical assclown driving through traffic weaving in and out and all kinds of stuff. Being a real idiot...i dont understand why ppl just wont slow down and race if they wanna go. So finally i get back up next to him at a light without weaving in and out of traffic.
Im not exactly sure what kind of mustang this was. It had the shaker hood on it like a mach 1, and then sidepipes like the roushe (sp). and then a GT badge in the back. So basically it appeared like a mut mustang to me. Not sure if the mach 1s have a GT badge but there was def. no mach 1 badge. I was assuming it was a mach 1 because of the hood which seems like the hardest of the 3 to change. He also had some chrome wheels and cosmetic stuff.
Anyway, we went from a dig first and i didnt even have a good launch i popped the clutch too fast but still destroyed him...in front of a crowd too all the better. Then we found an open stretch and went from like a 30mph roll. And i beat him hear two with his headlights at my bumper or maybe another half car.
Long story short...happy me.
Old 12-08-2004, 01:37 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice kill on the Mutt-Stang - you're at altitude, right?
Old 12-08-2004, 02:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

For the mach 1 unless he really hated the graphics it has the black sticker going down the bottom of the sides of the car and has a black wing. They have Mach1 badges not gt badges so he probably spent a pretty penny for the mach 1 shaker hood. Nice kill anyway!
Old 12-08-2004, 03:09 PM
Staging Lane

good kill! but you raced a gt not a mach1. anyway good kill
Old 12-08-2004, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea sounds like just a GT with some appearance mods. Nice kill though.
Old 12-08-2004, 04:15 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Yeah that was a GT with an after market Shaker hood.. The hoods look a little different then the original Mach1 hoods do.. But you would have to know each car to tell the difference.. Good kill though..
Old 12-08-2004, 06:15 PM
Teching In

Yeah i wasnt sure what it was thats why i asked....either way its always fun to kill the v8s with the 4 banger...and yeah im at 6500-7000 feet...i should put that in the sig.
Old 12-16-2004, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

Default killed a Mach?

dude i don't know what kind of mods you have or what the exact model of your car is but mach 1's aren't that slow, i have one a 2004 oxford white 5sp and have beaten various cars, even had a guy try to lead me into a race (i just wanted to look at his car which was a 2004 wrx sti w/ exhaust/intake/upgraded bov) but i told him that i didn't want to race him so we pull over to talk and his passenger is constantly talking **** about we need to race and when the driver actually looks at my car and realizes what it is he tells his pass. to shut the hell up that he didn't know that it was a mach 1, and he was glad we didn't run(thought it was a v-6 when he passed by)so it was probably just a GT, but a mach is fast a greased lightning. appreciate it.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by white ghost
dude i don't know what kind of mods you have or what the exact model of your car is but mach 1's aren't that slow, i have one a 2004 oxford white 5sp and have beaten various cars, even had a guy try to lead me into a race (i just wanted to look at his car which was a 2004 wrx sti w/ exhaust/intake/upgraded bov) but i told him that i didn't want to race him so we pull over to talk and his passenger is constantly talking **** about we need to race and when the driver actually looks at my car and realizes what it is he tells his pass. to shut the hell up that he didn't know that it was a mach 1, and he was glad we didn't run(thought it was a v-6 when he passed by)so it was probably just a GT, but a mach is fast a greased lightning. appreciate it.
At his altitude, he would smoke a Mach 1 also in his rex.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:11 PM
On The Tree

Talking

yeah maybe your right he has got a turbo, but he wouldn't beat this one.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by white ghost
yeah maybe your right he has got a turbo, but he wouldn't beat this one.
Not sayin he would
Old 12-16-2004, 06:12 PM
TECH Addict

Sounds like a stage 1 or 2 roushe mustang which are just GT's with mostly cosmetic/suspension upgrades, but I wonder how the hell he managed to get a shaker hood? One of my neighbors has a stage 1 rousche convertible and its a really nice looking stang, but it isnt all that fast. Good kill though, Im slowly starting to like the WRX (especially the STI's) more and more and really want to get one so I have something to drive both in the summer and winter and can ditch my 94 taurus sho as my winter beater.
Old 12-16-2004, 07:57 PM
Teching In

damn small displacement turbo cars at altitude , where r u located? 6500-7000' and i thought i was up in the air
Old 12-16-2004, 08:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
Im slowly starting to like the WRX (especially the STI's) more and more and really want to get one so I have something to drive both in the summer and winter and can ditch my 94 taurus sho as my winter beater.
They're great cars. I have nothin bad to say about mine, and Sean/SilverGhost holds the same opinion. Very fun cars, and you can't break em (except for the tranny).