Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3-4 clutch pack: Borg Warner high energy or Raybestos

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2004, 10:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 3-4 clutch pack: Borg Warner high energy or Raybestos

I'm looking for a very strong rebuild kit for my 4L60E. So far I've found everything I want in this kit from Pro Built Automatics except I'm not sure about the 3-4 clutches. How would this compare to the Raybestos Z-pack or the Blue plate specials? To help get an idea of the application, the plan is for this transmission to be behind my new motor (TRex cam, stock head w/ LS6 valves, SS4000 stall) as a daily driver for only few months, at which point it will hopefully become a weekend/strip car w/ a good shot of nitrous (150 or so).
Old 12-20-2004, 03:05 AM
Restricted User

If it is a "strip only" vehicle, the BPS's are still only equal to the BW Hi-E's, why spend 4 times the money on these clutches. The Z-pak is still in the proving stages to me, but from what I have heard so far, the part throttle shifts are firmer, with the WOT shifts the same as BW Hi-E's. With very little 3-4 clutch problems in the last 8 years, I do not see any advantages to any other clutch setups so far. Only time will tell.
Old 12-20-2004, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

put the Z-pack in.
just stay away from the Alto 3-4's
Old 12-20-2004, 03:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Api

Originally Posted by Skinny
I'm looking for a very strong rebuild kit for my 4L60E. So far I've found everything I want in this kit from Pro Built Automatics except I'm not sure about the 3-4 clutches. How would this compare to the Raybestos Z-pack or the Blue plate specials? To help get an idea of the application, the plan is for this transmission to be behind my new motor (TRex cam, stock head w/ LS6 valves, SS4000 stall) as a daily driver for only few months, at which point it will hopefully become a weekend/strip car w/ a good shot of nitrous (150 or so).
vic richards makes a drum and very large clutches for the 3-4

Quick Reply: 3-4 clutch pack: Borg Warner high energy or Raybestos