Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

First kill in the truck

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 05:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First kill in the truck

Well it was getting late and I was trying to get home and missed almost all of the lights. When I was about half way home, I pulled up to a late 90s Accord (no fart can but a spoiler I think) and he started gasing it over the line. So I was like this is going to be fun. The light changed and he went maybe 3/4 throttle for about 2 seconds, then gave up after 1 car length. I came off the line with little tire spin and went to 45mph (the speed limit). I kept looking back but could not see him till the next light where I had to make a left to get home. A good 25 seconds pasted and he finaly pulled up next to me in the other turning lane. When the light changed, he went like 5mph and let me and one other car get between us. I don't know why but this was a lot of fun, thought I would share.
Old 12-27-2004, 05:36 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

wait I dont understand, you raced to 45 mph? sounds cool can you clarify?
Old 12-27-2004, 06:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1998camaroz28
wait I dont understand, you raced to 45 mph? sounds cool can you clarify?
I only went to 45mph because he gave up after about 10-15mph.
Old 12-27-2004, 08:50 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

lol are you sure he raced you? if so thats ****** hilarious

I dunno man he prolly went 3/4 throttle to get it UP to 15 mph. hahaha
Old 12-27-2004, 09:08 PM
Staging Lane

Riiiight....gonna chime in cuz I don't like most people in trucks. Most of them think they can push people around and be jackasses. I know that I shouldn't stereotype but that's how the majority of them are in my city (Troy, MI). So with that in mind I'm gonna tell you I rock a lot of trucks in my Grand Am GT. I still remember one night I was out with my GFs Mustang GT and she had her winter rims/tires on. I smoked a Silverado like no other. I was in the third lane which was closing up ahead and he was a jackass and tried cutting me off. He got the jump and I still smoked him. God damn truck drivers...sorry had to vent cuz an ******* almost creamed me today cuz he thought we were playing chicken.

Last edited by SCamaroS; 12-27-2004 at 09:15 PM.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SCamaroS
Riiiight....gonna chime in cuz I don't like most people in trucks. Most of them think they can push people around and be jackasses. I know that I shouldn't stereotype but that's how the majority of them are in my city (Troy, MI). So with that in mind I'm gonna tell you I rock a lot of trucks in my Grand Am GT. I still remember one night I was out with my GFs Mustang GT and she had her winter rims/tires on. I smoked a Silverado like no other. I was in the third lane which was closing up ahead and he was a jackass and tried cutting me off. He got the jump and I still smoked him. God damn truck drivers...sorry had to vent cuz an ******* almost creamed me today cuz he thought we were playing chicken.
Well first off this isn't Mi, it's Texas. And I hope you're not proud of beating probably stock Silverados, because that's not impressive. FYI, I don't push people around just because i drive a truck.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:46 PM
Staging Lane

It's not impressive that you beat a honda either...but good kill. Maybe in Texas people in trucks are nicer but not around here.
Old 12-27-2004, 11:21 PM
Teching In

come on ladies, play nice
Old 12-27-2004, 11:39 PM
TECH Junkie

WHAT THE **** is this ****??? Where the **** did it come from. That was such an ******* statement right there, and innapropriate for this thread. No one cares what you think about truck drivers. This guy posted a kill and you go on about how you hate truck drivers in general. Geez dude, whats wrong with you? Oh and, you might wanna take the G*d Damn out, because its not allowed on this site, and the moderators don't take too kindly to it...

Oh, and nice kill... sounds like a fun little run you had there... Not a full on race, but fun nonetheless
Old 12-27-2004, 11:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by MillaTK
WHAT THE **** is this ****??? Where the **** did it come from. That was such an ******* statement right there, and innapropriate for this thread. No one cares what you think about truck drivers. This guy posted a kill and you go on about how you hate truck drivers in general. Geez dude, whats wrong with you? Oh and, you might wanna take the G*d Damn out, because its not allowed on this site, and the moderators don't take too kindly to it...

Oh, and nice kill... sounds like a fun little run you had there... Not a full on race, but fun nonetheless
Nice kill fun run, 2000!!! Watch out for those Grand Am GTs, though.... I hear they're killers!!!!
Old 12-28-2004, 12:19 AM
RIP April 14, 2008

that's a vast generalization / stereotype. I would argue that almost all truck owners I know are both knowledgeable and thus respectful of their property. just a couple morons that give them a bad name sometimes. same thing with f-bodies, mustangs, grand ams, etc, and almost any other decent vehicle. what can you do??
Old 12-28-2004, 12:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

you should post these on the truck section , most of the truck guys dont come here this is more f body territory
Old 12-28-2004, 01:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MillaTK
WHAT THE **** is this ****??? Where the **** did it come from. ...
Oh and, you might wanna take the G*d Damn out, because its not allowed on this site, and the moderators don't take too kindly to it...

LOL sure jetta boy . You come in hear swearing up a storm..I'm sure that's very appropriate for this site. I said good kill that should have settled it lol.
Old 12-28-2004, 03:56 PM
TECH Junkie

LOL sure jetta boy . You come in hear swearing up a storm..I'm sure that's very appropriate for this site. I said good kill that should have settled it lol.
I love it when everyone brings up what kind of car I drive when arguing... Guess what, it has nothing to do with this. Your post was way out of line. Also, I've been around here a lot longer than you have, so I have a much better idea as to what I can/can't say on this site.
Old 12-28-2004, 03:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 5.3 racer16
you should post these on the truck section , most of the truck guys dont come here this is more f body territory
Shoot post both I like hearing about trucks as long as it's good stuff. You truck guys need to start getting over here more often. Oh and if the jetta's I suppose that makes a grand am manly? Plus if you got somethin to say to Kev you got somethin to say to the rest of the crew. Better be careful talking trash on truck guys there's a few out there that will tear you a new one unless you're in the single digit club. Some trucks can even get to you then.
Old 12-28-2004, 04:10 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Milla could walk circles around you regarding ls1 tech info. Careful who you call gay jetta boy.

Anyhow, let's get this thread back on track.

Last edited by SouthFL.02.SS; 12-28-2004 at 04:16 PM.
Old 12-28-2004, 05:08 PM
Staging Lane

Here we go with the internet thuggin... I'm sure you really know a lot about me SouthFl and my knowledge of the LS1 motor. Good job. I guess I should get my crew on this site to defend me also. Anyhow, let's get this thread back on track.
Old 12-28-2004, 06:53 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here we go with the internet thuggin... I'm sure you really know a lot about me SouthFl and my knowledge of the LS1 motor. Good job. I guess I should get my crew on this site to defend me also. Anyhow, let's get this thread back on track.
Hey, no hard feelings here. Just watchin' Milla's back. We do that for each other here.

You're right, I don't know about the level of your ls1 knowledge (not that it matters in the grand scheme of things) or much about you (except the fact that you hate trucks) other than I remember you conrgatting me on the Happy Holidays thread.

So, welcome to the board.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Is it over? lol. Thanks for the replys.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:47 PM
TECH Resident

Trucks, F Bodys, Mustangs....you name it, you have morons in every crowd so dont hate on someone because of what they drive...congrats on the kill.