Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Some Of My Kills - Video's

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 03:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some Of My Kills - Video's

Uploaded a bunch of my street race vids to the web....go to www.metalmanfab.com then click on Contact Us, then click on Multimedia and enjoy!

A little background of each vid:

1st vid is vs a single turbo supra. A bud called me up and said some guy wanted to race my vette for some $. I agree and we meet up later that night and race, and my pocket gets a bit fatter.

2nd vids is vs. a bpu supra - a guy I met on the Supraforums that wanted to run. We did 2 digs and a 40 mph roll on (supras always want to roll race, geez)

3rd race is vs a Saleen clone with a 418 strocker motor.

4th is again for $. Guy I met on a forum wanted to run his 300z turbo (motor swap and a bunch of mods - he laid down like 475 rwhp). Car looks like a junk pile, but it was damn fast, and a good *** sleeper car. Terms of race were best 2 out of 3, dig to 120 MPH. Guess he thought he was going to lay the smack down on me because he didn't even show up with the money. I had to hold his helmet as collateral and exchange it for the money the next day.

5th is vs. the Lightning in the intro vid of the 300z race. We were both pretty stock at the time, he only had 2 mods (pulley and chip). He's since upgraded to a Kenne Bell.

6th is vs. a NSX, no idea what his mods were...

7th is vs. a 96 Impala with bolt on's a 175 shot. I 60' the **** outta him in the 1st race, bad!

Hope you guys enjoy the vids! I don't race anymore, so it's just a compilation of the past couple of years (the races I was lucky enough to video). Enjoy!!
Old 01-10-2005, 05:56 AM
sfj
TECH Enthusiast

im at work and cant watch it but will be sure to do it when i get home
Old 01-10-2005, 04:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice races....what do you have done to your car? Makes me want Spring to come even sooner...all I can say is I'm hitting the local cruise spot with my new cam and a video camera.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey nice kills and videos! What were times for the last race at the track?
Old 01-10-2005, 09:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Those are about the most bullshit races I have ever seen. How about waiting for the guy to hit it........1..........2..........C5 goes, then.........3

The C5 was already rolling past when he hit it. Let the damn turbo TuRD at least hit it first if you have any confidence what-so-ever in the vette.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:30 PM
TECH Addict

yeah, i couln't tell your times in the last race. is that 11'z?

nice kills.....your vette is kinda slow!!!
Old 01-11-2005, 09:16 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by titanium barchetta
Those are about the most bullshit races I have ever seen. How about waiting for the guy to hit it........1..........2..........C5 goes, then.........3

The C5 was already rolling past when he hit it. Let the damn turbo TuRD at least hit it first if you have any confidence what-so-ever in the vette.
I have to agree, I found it interesting on the counts also. I actually was amuzed. The three horns works the best I think.

one, two, three and it seemed that the vette pulled first when he was yelling.

a few times in there you here the word go, haha. I about feel out of the chair from laughter.

Interesting to watch, but seemed to favor the vette in most of the races. I think the only good one was the last one at the track. It seemed he was only pulling 11s possible 10s but I really couldn't tell.

A figured with all that power, I would of let the other cars do the counting or at least the honking.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:23 PM
Teching In

In which video are you guys saying I left early? I didn't leave early in any of the vids (not that it would matter, look how many cars I won by...).

The roll race vs. the lightning, my brother was video taping and he yelled GO - so neither one of us had any kind of advantage or knew when he'd say go (we just both said we were ready). Also for just about every race, I had a passenger, and my opponents did not.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:15 PM
Launching!

You didn't leave early on any of them. You just know how to launch.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by hawiianpwr
Nice....
Old 01-11-2005, 10:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by hawiianpwr
Werd...someone who knows what they are talking about.
Old 01-11-2005, 10:32 PM
On The Tree

What kind of tires are you running?
Old 01-12-2005, 01:39 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by titanium barchetta

I'm GMB's brother and also the one sitting in the passenger seat for most of the races. I own and operate metalmanfab.com and have done all the mods to his car.

If you are into drag racing at all, then you know if you leave on green your reaction time is going to be ****. You'll never win a race if you wait for the green or the three. Simple racing strategy in my book. I will also say this, nobody ever accused him of cheating the start or getting a ridiculous jump. As you see from the vids it wouldn't have mattered much anyways.
Old 01-12-2005, 01:40 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mach1
What kind of tires are you running?
Some on the stock run flats and others on BFG KDW's
Old 01-12-2005, 02:42 AM
Teching In

No W, just KD's.

PS - Get outta my thread!
Old 01-12-2005, 07:35 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by METAL MAN
I'm GMB's brother and also the one sitting in the passenger seat for most of the races. I own and operate metalmanfab.com and have done all the mods to his car.

If you are into drag racing at all, then you know if you leave on green your reaction time is going to be ****. You'll never win a race if you wait for the green or the three. Simple racing strategy in my book. I will also say this, nobody ever accused him of cheating the start or getting a ridiculous jump. As you see from the vids it wouldn't have mattered much anyways.
I think it's best to do the horn 3 times. Everyone hears it. Counting while moving, well...... I will leave it at that.

I agree, with all that power, it may not have mattered on most of the races. The only close was the supra I think. I'd have to watch them again to remember now.

I would give them the benefit of the doubt by letting them honk 3 times to start. That's just me. Knowing that I had that kind of power your vette's putting out, he takes away all the doubt.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:50 PM
On The Tree

You'll never win a race if you wait for the green or the three. Simple racing strategy in my book.

so on the street where you say its normal to use this "strategy", what constitutes an early leave? I could beat your brother with my truck if I left on "...1,

pretty bogus
Old 01-12-2005, 08:15 PM
TECH Junkie

On the green.......

Don't you mean on the "3".
Old 01-12-2005, 08:17 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GmasterB
Werd...someone who knows what they are talking about.
Oh man...that's funny.

Hey Chris, maybe you can take some racing classes or something?

None of us know what we're talking about. We all drive Hondas with top fuel wings on them.

edit: for the record, I doubt anyone on this site has posted more quality kills that Titanium Barchetta.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:56 PM
TECH Junkie

How did you know about my Honda.....?

Doesn't bother me too much, just like pointing out the obvious, makes me feel "brite".

All I can do right now is live in the past and look to the future for my black 2006 Z-06.........with juice!