Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Death.... To a CRX!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 02:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Death.... To a CRX!

I thought some of you might enjoy this...

Let me start off by describing the opponent. He is a 17 or 18 year old kid, driving a 90's model blue CRX, with a body kit, led lights, guages, fart can, and blue tint on the windows. The driver is wearing a beanie and sunglasses at 10 pm at night and its about 70 degrees. So the need for the beanie and glasses... not sure.

Anyways, he pulls up next to me and looks over at me like, you want to race?
We are rolling about 65 mph and I haven't had a race in a few days so I was like why not? We hit the gas and we are off. All I can hear is his fart can out back, we are neck and neck at 75 mph. We are up to 80 mph and he has nosed out on me. We hit about 87 mh and we have to let off due to upcoming traffic. Scratching my head I was like damn.

Well then I remembered, I was in my wife's '04 Escape. My wife and I were both laughing. I exited the highway and headed home, I look in the rearview and he is following us. We pull into the turn lane at the stop light and he pulls up next to us. He motions for us to roll down the window. I did and this is what he asks.. "Do you have a supercharger on that?" Laughing I said no, it's all stock. He replies, "No! for real!". Still laughing I replied again, no, it's all stock. His next statement is what got me. "So you can beat a Z28 in that right." So I had to ask him... Why? Can you you beat one in your car? He smiles and shakes his head yes. I just had to shake my head in disbelief and take off when I got the green arrow.

So this is my death..... Hope you enyoyed it...
Old 01-11-2005, 03:50 PM
TECH Regular

Oh MAN i wish you were in your camaro. Just show him tail lights and exhaust smoke. OH and the front end lifting up...
Old 01-11-2005, 03:56 PM
Teching In

Heh, good story.

I think you should have changed the title of the thread to "Death to all CRXs" though.

You should have had him follow you home, "Well, lets go see if you can beat a Z/28."
Old 01-12-2005, 10:40 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BLU02Z
I thought some of you might enjoy this...

Let me start off by describing the opponent. He is a 17 or 18 year old kid, driving a 90's model blue CRX, with a body kit, led lights, guages, fart can, and blue tint on the windows. The driver is wearing a beanie and sunglasses at 10 pm at night and its about 70 degrees. So the need for the beanie and glasses... not sure.

Anyways, he pulls up next to me and looks over at me like, you want to race?
We are rolling about 65 mph and I haven't had a race in a few days so I was like why not? We hit the gas and we are off. All I can hear is his fart can out back, we are neck and neck at 75 mph. We are up to 80 mph and he has nosed out on me. We hit about 87 mh and we have to let off due to upcoming traffic. Scratching my head I was like damn.

Well then I remembered, I was in my wife's '04 Escape. My wife and I were both laughing. I exited the highway and headed home, I look in the rearview and he is following us. We pull into the turn lane at the stop light and he pulls up next to us. He motions for us to roll down the window. I did and this is what he asks.. "Do you have a supercharger on that?" Laughing I said no, it's all stock. He replies, "No! for real!". Still laughing I replied again, no, it's all stock. His next statement is what got me. "So you can beat a Z28 in that right." So I had to ask him... Why? Can you you beat one in your car? He smiles and shakes his head yes. I just had to shake my head in disbelief and take off when I got the green arrow.

So this is my death..... Hope you enyoyed it...
oh that's a great story. Oh, that was so damn funny.

those escapes are not slow for just a 6. I mean, I was suprised it picked up that good. My neighbor has one. I was shocked but I would of shaken my head too when he asked you about beating a z28. I would of been laughing so hard, I would of forgot about shaken my head, haha.

Damn, that's worth reading twice!
Old 01-12-2005, 12:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sixspeedfirebird

You should have had him follow you home, "Well, lets go see if you can beat a Z/28."

I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-12-2005, 12:05 PM
TECH Resident

is this real??? omfg.....
Old 01-12-2005, 12:13 PM
TECH Resident

haha, the whole time i thought he beat an LS1 im like damm, then when i saw it the escape i started laughing my *** off Go get your Z28 and hunt him down.
Old 01-12-2005, 12:30 PM
On The Tree

I'm still laughting about it. His face was priceless when I said it was stock. I could not quit laughing at this guy. I should have raced him from a dig, I think I could have taken him. I'm hoping to see this kid out one day when I'm in the Z and ask him if remembers me, and then let him have it.
Old 01-12-2005, 01:44 PM
Staging Lane

camaro seems to be the most under rated car ever. dont know why (unless they think z28's are the 6's)