Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Turbo Civic wasted

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 10:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Turbo Civic wasted

Out of all the cars I am reporting about, its a Civic. A Civic with a B18 built with a T-5 turbo and of course add all the cladding and add can of Folgers. I had seen under the hood before. Lot of money is what I saw. The owner said a Camaro SS whipped him off the line ..... but then he started to catch the Camaro. I was thinking there is no way that he started catching an SS after starting off like that.
Well, then the other day, guess who was getting on to the Interstate?That Turbo Civic. I went on to the ramp first and goosed her a little to see what he would do. Waiting to line up on the Interstate. My buddy said " dude has already put the hammer down". I looked back and sure enough he was coming on strong. I took my eyes out of the rearview and put that LS1 to work, sure enough I started to pull hard. I didn,t use all of 5th, I still had plenty more. Probably 3 semi-truck lengths or more..lol. Even after he had jumped the gun. The moral of the story is not that I blew a Turbo Civic out of the water with little bolt ons, I turned my good friend ( an import dude ) into a Muscle car fan.
Old 01-11-2005, 10:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice dude, im glad you converted him, and i liked the way you brought out the fart can ( can of folgers ) lol, good job man
Old 01-12-2005, 12:44 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000 Z28 SS
Out of all the cars I am reporting about, its a Civic. A Civic with a B18 built with a T-5 turbo and of course add all the cladding and add can of Folgers. I had seen under the hood before. Lot of money is what I saw. The owner said a Camaro SS whipped him off the line ..... but then he started to catch the Camaro. I was thinking there is no way that he started catching an SS after starting off like that.
Well, then the other day, guess who was getting on to the Interstate?That Turbo Civic. I went on to the ramp first and goosed her a little to see what he would do. Waiting to line up on the Interstate. My buddy said " dude has already put the hammer down". I looked back and sure enough he was coming on strong. I took my eyes out of the rearview and put that LS1 to work, sure enough I started to pull hard. I didn,t use all of 5th, I still had plenty more. Probably 3 semi-truck lengths or more..lol. Even after he had jumped the gun. The moral of the story is not that I blew a Turbo Civic out of the water with little bolt ons, I turned my good friend ( an import dude ) into a Muscle car fan.
Good kill!
350 cfm heads (at least?) -where and how?
Old 01-12-2005, 06:48 AM
Teching In

Nice kill

Do you know how much boost he's running (psi)?
Old 01-12-2005, 10:01 AM
TECH Resident

now, did you let him get side by side with you? Or did you just gun it thinking he was on it? Sounds like you panicked, hehe.
This reminds me of that corvette thread on a few races. One, two, three, go, hehe.
Old 01-12-2005, 12:13 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by wickedwarlock
now, did you let him get side by side with you? Or did you just gun it thinking he was on it? Sounds like you panicked, hehe.
This reminds me of that corvette thread on a few races. One, two, three, go, hehe.
Nope,
Old 01-12-2005, 12:17 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by wickedwarlock
Nope, that civic was going to go right around me. Even my buddy(passenger) had his eye on him and that he was coming around me so thats when I hit it. He had a run on me for sure.
Old 01-12-2005, 12:23 PM
7 Second Club / STF Veteran

you sir are full of it. just what is a t5 turbo never heard of one maybe it's some new custom one from fairy land. it's made by the same company that manufactures your 350cfm heads. a built b18 with a decent turbo will hang with you in a basically stock ls1 especially from a roll and he had the jump. actually it would walk all over you from a roll but i'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
Old 01-12-2005, 12:24 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
Good kill!
Well my buddy Wes that has an all motor LT1 car got 305 cfm out of his stock heads. He owns a flow bench and says that if I get a set of AFR heads, he can make them flow at least 350cfm. I beleive him, I have helped put three differant engines in his car. Even though we had to weld a few place in his heads.....lol....he ran a 7.05 at 100mph in the 1/8th mile. Anyway nice car looking car of yours.
Old 01-12-2005, 12:28 PM
TECH Regular

Thats what turbo he claims he had wise ***. Oh, and LS1 heads from anywhere should come close to 330cfm ported by a cross-eyed Joe Dirt.
Old 01-12-2005, 12:29 PM
7 Second Club / STF Veteran

you have no clue.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:12 PM
Staging Lane

Well since you beat that guy, I think you need to find this civic and race him...

With all those stickers theres no way youd keep up
Old 01-12-2005, 03:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by generalchaos
Well since you beat that guy, I think you need to find this civic and race him...

With all those stickers theres no way youd keep up
Lol, thats gotta be fast.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Stickers add a 100 horse for every 3 by the looks of it he must have 500hp
BTLFEDSS
Old 01-12-2005, 03:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
Good kill!
I was going to comment on that too.

Brandon
Old 01-12-2005, 03:59 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 68maro
you have no clue.
Actually I do, See a 13 year veteran of drag racing ( My best friend with 305 cfm ported stock LT1 heads, its his dad.) knew John Lingenfelter personally. He could call him up on any givin day. I take my advice from him. I think the FLowbench and the Engine dyno tell the truth, in which I work with both. I think I know what I am talking about and who to believe.
Aftermarket LS1 heads can be easily ported to 350 cfm by my friend. You just have to know what your doing and where to cut, how deep, and the shape. I have not had my car long, I but I know exactly what I am going to do to it. Sorry bud if I dont know exact termonology for turbos, but the guy said a Garret T-5. I know there are T-4's. But that wasn't the moral of the story.

Oh, and if he should have beat me, why didn't he......maybe he should tear it down agian and start over because this stock LS1 Camaro cooked that rice.

Last edited by 2000 Z28 SS; 01-12-2005 at 04:16 PM.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:07 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by robss01
Nice kill

Do you know how much boost he's running (psi)?
I would guess 12-15lbs, but was never told the psi.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:11 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Actually I do, See a 13 year veteran of drag racing ( My best friend with 305 cfm ported stock LT1 heads, its his dad.) knew John Lingenfelter personally. He could call him up on any givin day. I take my advice from him. I think the FLowbench and the Engine dyno tell the truth, in which I work with both. I think I know what I am talking about and who to believe.
Aftermarket LS1 heads can be easily ported to 350 cfm by my friend. You just have to know what your doing and where to cut, how deep, and the shape. I have not had my car long, I but I know exactly what I am going to do to it. Sorry bud if I dont know exact termonology for turbos, but the guy said a Garret T-5. I know there are T-4's. But that wasn't the moral of the story.

Straight from the AFR website. 225's are just being released, and your friend can crank out another 30cfm? I think an Ivy League flow dynamics lab should hire him.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:31 PM
TECH Regular

Well buddy, he works on Brodix and everything else, plenty of people come to him and pay good money for head porting. That chart means that out of the box they flow 320, that extra 30 cfm can be done. You think hes going to tell people how to do it, that would just be stupid. Half the people on here couldn't port if you told them how because head porting is an art, not something for everyone. Everyone thinks head porting is picking up a die-grinder and cutting metal out. Its not the size of the port its the shape that makes them flow. His LT1 has 460 rwhp with stock ported heads( not sure of his custom ground cam specs maybe .630 lift. He has also cut his intake manifold and fabricated his own upper half in sheet metal. He has a 9" rearend, cage, true duels, Hooker LTs, and more..... 1/8 mile. 1.51 60ft
7.05 @ 101 mph N/A
Old 01-12-2005, 04:38 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Well buddy, he works on Brodix and everything else, plenty of people come to him and pay good money for head porting. That chart means that out of the box they flow 320, that extra 30 cfm can be done. You think hes going to tell people how to do it, that would just be stupid. Half the people on here couldn't port if you told them how because head porting is an art, not something for everyone. Everyone thinks head porting is picking up a die-grinder and cutting metal out. Its not the size of the port its the shape that makes them flow. His LT1 has 460 rwhp with stock ported heads( not sure of his custom ground cam specs maybe .630 lift. He has also cut his intake manifold and fabricated his own upper half in sheet metal. He has a 9" rearend, cage, true duels, Hooker LTs, and more..... 1/8 mile. 1.51 60ft
7.05 @ 101 mph N/A

Uh, no. That's why most of us purchase products (in this case, heads) from the speed shops.
True, 320 is out of the box. AFR out of the box head would already have proprietary flow characteristics. I'm sure good head porters can improve on them, but I haven't seen 350 posted anywhere (maybe my ignorance).
If your buddy's that good props to him.
I have a 9" rearend, a wolfe roll bar sitting in my garage, I used to have true duals and took them off, QTP HVM LT's and more.... what does that prove? I don't know, other than my car has mods on it.
I saw Helio Castroneves in a mall once..........