Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corsa???

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 12:01 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corsa???

Ive tried looking on LS1sounds, but my comps so damn old and stupid it wont let me download some, or takes 2 hours. well anyways, I want to know everything about Corsa exhaust. How do you people like yours?? (if you have it) does it sound like crap once you get LT,ORY?? from the one clip i did hear, it was a stock 02 WS6 with Corsa and it sounded good. I have GMMG which is sitting in my room waiting to be installed in the spring, but im having 2nd thoughts, I have some street racing clips off of racingfreaks.net (i think it was) well anyways I love the way those LS1 sounded on there... I only wish I knew what they had. Im looking for a deep tone, The GMMG is nice, but its more of a 60s type sound, which isnt bad at all but its not what Im looking for. Well this might help for people who might have seen some of these clips, anyone see the Z28 vs the Cobra, which he races 2 times.. or the Twin Turbo SS that races rice downtown. I kinda like how some of the new stangs sound with LT and exhaust, that deep throtty sound.
Will Corsa give me this sound I want???
sorry this post kinda sucks, but I dont wanna waste $700
Old 01-16-2005, 01:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Was the clip you heard of a black ws6 on the dyno? In any case, my friend has it and I'm around his car a decent bit. I like the sound of it, very deep and mellow. We were out for a cruise last night, and he pulled away in 3rd at low RPM and I thought it personally sounded deeper than any other LS1 I had heard (haven't heard a slew in person, but in any case...). He's also on stock manifolds and such, but IMO it's a great sound.

In the same thought, at the track this summer there was a car with LTs, Catted-Y, and Corsa which sounded great. Not overly loud coming at me in the grandstand, but as soon as they passed, sounded downright LOUD. About as loud as my friend's with GMMG, LT, ORY. I was actually gonna buy it for my LT1 till I didn't get an answer from the seller, then I just went GMMG. IMO you can't go wrong with either of those systems, great fit and finish for BOTH. Good luck with your choice.

-J

Last edited by lastcall190; 01-16-2005 at 01:25 AM.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my corsa, Grotts headers, and ORY ghetto muffler shop special sounds rapsy when you get on it.

Ryan
Old 01-16-2005, 01:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by slow
my corsa, Grotts headers, and ORY ghetto muffler shop special sounds rapsy when you get on it.

Ryan
borla is the same way
Old 01-16-2005, 02:59 AM
TECH Resident

I personally HATE the sound of LS1s w/ ORYs.

I'm running PPC LTs (grott design) through a Y w/ random tech CATS and then through the Corsa catback. I get a lot of compliments on it and I really like it. Unless you are making stupid amounts of HP running a high flow cats isn't going to hurt you much at all.....and it really cleans the sound up.

I'm not sure how to describe the sound to you other than at idle and at part throttle it is just a good deep burble with a good tone. Even with cats it is downright loud when you want it to be.....just stomp on the go pedal and it is PLENTY loud.

I'm not sure what exact sound you're looking for but I think the setup sounds great.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

hey that clip you head on ls1 sounds might be my car. black ws6 on the dyno. my dream setup right now would be qtp longtubes with a catted y into the corsa. not enough money for the headers though. if your planning on getting headers i would keep the cats on the car. no matter what exhaust you have on your car you will lose the tone with an ory. i also heard that car at the track that lastcall190 heard. sounded deep. if you want another sound clip i can send you a short one that your computer should be able to handle.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

I'll have a Corsa w/Premium Pro Tips for $500 + shipping for sale soon.
Old 01-16-2005, 12:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by CANNIBAL
I'll have a Corsa w/Premium Pro Tips for $500 + shipping for sale soon.
its that so? hmm....I might have just found my exhaust

What are you switchin to?
Old 01-16-2005, 12:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
its that so? hmm....I might have just found my exhaust

What are you switchin to?
I'm putting a stock WS6 muffler on. I have a cutout to make it loud when I want (QTEC).

I am selling so I can buy a clutch that'll I'll need soon
Old 01-16-2005, 03:18 PM
Launching!

Thanks guys, I think Ill be going with Corsa. I havent been able to hear LS1 with exhaust in person cause there isnt a whole lot in my town, and if there is its stock. Im just worried about how its going to sound once i get LT and Y pipe with cats. But from what everyones tellin me it doesnt give you rasp.
Old 01-16-2005, 04:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

I don't have rasp with LTs and ORY.
Old 01-16-2005, 06:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

stangkillals1 - check your pm
Old 02-05-2005, 02:54 PM
11 Second Club

mods in sig.