Sponsored by:

uuhhhggg...have to drive my Z in the winter

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 06:55 AM
pmh
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default uuhhhggg...have to drive my Z in the winter

Man am I bummed. My old truck died last week. This time for good, which meant that I had to put my Z back on the road. I didn't want my car to see a winter....man! Every time I see saly on the road I tell myself "it's only a car. it's only a car". What a bummer.

pmh
Old 01-18-2005, 08:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if it makes you feel anybetter mines my daily driver too.

but im in texas, so i guess that doesnt matter.

can nothing be done to your truck?
Old 01-18-2005, 08:24 AM
11 Second Club

that sucks, i know how you feel, mines away for the winter too, every so often im like i want to drive my car, but then i look at the road and then im glad its in the garage
Old 01-18-2005, 08:33 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol i cant wait to get mine back on the road!! last night was about the coldest night we've seen so far, and it was only about 45 degrees lol mines out of commission due to pushrods, not weather. i should be ordering some new ones today!

z28 > saturn
Old 01-18-2005, 09:23 AM
pmh
On The Tree

can nothing be done to your truck?
Maybe....but it's 6 degress outside and it's stuck at my work, which is 45 minutes from my house. The old thing really isn't worth putting any money into anyways. Plus I'm tired of getting stranded!

pmh
Old 01-18-2005, 09:24 AM
Launching!

Wow you should consider yourself lucky. I drive a 99 Hawk and since it is my first year of college and i don't have enough money for a daily yet, I am stuck driving it. Yeah here's another kicker...the past two weeks have been really crappy...we had an inch of ice and then 3 inches of snow or something like that so I had to leave my car parked outside for a whole week. I told myself I would not drive it until the roads were clear. But now, we've had 10-20 degree temps and I have had to drive it. It really sucks driving it on salty roads so I try to make sure the main roads I drive on are completely dry and clear of snow. I know this prolly doesn't keep it great, but better then hitting a snowdrift with my front end. By the way, frozen slush pisses me off because our cars bounce around way to much. Remind me when I get older and get married to move somewhere warm.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:53 AM
TECH Addict

'pmh' I am in SE Michigan and I know what you mean. I have driven my WS6 last winter and this winter. This winter I was better prepared with some winter tires but that does not help all the salt that gets on your ride. I swear Michigan dumps more salt than needed at times and sometimes it is dumped when not needed. Salt Sux.

I try to keep it clean as much as possible. I also work at a company where I can get test vehicles for a couple weeks at a time. However, I did drive today and I am glad it turned over with 0 degree temperatures and -14 degree wind chill.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:31 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 143 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I drive my Formula all year 'round and I live in Mass. Its not as harsh as Mich. but we still get snow/ice/cold/salt. I use a set of cheap steelies and Blizzak WS-50 tires for the winter. I got it at TireRack in a package a couple years ago for under $600. The package is just over $600 now. The tires are $109 a piece now.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:40 PM
Launching!

Haha I need regular tires, let alone being able to get snow tires. I am looking at getting Pirelli's which have a decent rating for snow. I am also trying to get a beater before next winter too. Our winter wasn't too bad earlier...we were having 60s but then we've had the last two weeks of crap and now it is kind of warming up. The forecast calls for 50s this week but you look at it the next day and it is changed to 20. I can't tell anymore. But if it's 50, you can bet I will be at the car wash and then taking my tops off!
Old 01-18-2005, 03:33 PM
pmh
On The Tree

yeah, I'm considering the steelie/snow tire thing too.

pmh