Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picked up a Lakewood DS Safety Loop and have a ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 01:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Picked up a Lakewood DS Safety Loop and have a ?

What size are the stock bolts for that tunnel brace thing that it bolts in place of, b/c I don't have the stock bolts and need to buy some before I can install it! Thanks for any help, I appreciate it!
Old 01-22-2005, 09:09 AM

If you bought it new it will come with the correct bolts. From what I remember bolts are 8mm X 1.5 and are about 1.25 inches long.
Old 01-22-2005, 04:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Did u just now get a Driveshaft loop!?! LOL at those speeds and with the slicks u think you woulda spent the small change to get one sooner
Old 01-23-2005, 12:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by WhtLT1
Did u just now get a Driveshaft loop!?! LOL at those speeds and with the slicks u think you woulda spent the small change to get one sooner
Yeah, I just got one, hehe!! I just started spraying, and figured I might want to have one on there just in case! I've only had one track night with the spray, and i'd like to put it on before the next time I go next saturday night, that's why I asked about the bolts.
Old 01-23-2005, 12:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by JNorris
If you bought it new it will come with the correct bolts. From what I remember bolts are 8mm X 1.5 and are about 1.25 inches long.
I bought it new, and it doesn't come with those bolts to bolt it to the car, it says to save the stock one's from the crossmember and I didn't do that when I took it off a long time ago! I'll try and pick some up that size and see if they work, thank you!

Does anyone else know for sure if that is the size or not?
Old 01-23-2005, 01:19 AM
11 Second Club

hmm.... dunno how to help you, but i like your car! lol kinda the times i hope to eventually get on the tnt hehe

best thing i can tell you is rummage thru ur garage, find a old bolt somewhere that will thread in the hole, then take this bolt to lowes, they have the lil size thingy's next to the bolts.. thread it into whichever one it fits then buy u a pack of those sized bolts! goodluck, thats what i did.
Old 01-23-2005, 01:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ZMC_Racing
hmm.... dunno how to help you, but i like your car! lol kinda the times i hope to eventually get on the tnt hehe

best thing i can tell you is rummage thru ur garage, find a old bolt somewhere that will thread in the hole, then take this bolt to lowes, they have the lil size thingy's next to the bolts.. thread it into whichever one it fits then buy u a pack of those sized bolts! goodluck, thats what i did.
Thanks man, I can't wait to get my suspension dialed in a little better and then up to the 150 jets, probably low low 10's, maybe if i'm lucky dip into the high 9's! But yeah, I was hoping to save the hassle of tryin a bunch of diff bolts and finding someone that knew the exact size, ya know!
Old 01-23-2005, 10:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You could try to find a bolt on another part of the car that is close to the size and if it fits then take it to a hardware store and get 4 of them.
there may be some in the engine bay of the same size.
Old 01-30-2005, 02:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

You can go by the dealership and they can give you the deminsion's of them. I chagned from BMR to a Sphon and the Drive shaft was hitting the loop so i had to get a set of bolts that where longer. I added a few washer's between the body and the mounting surface to drop the loop down where the DS would not rub.