LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Great News Everybody! Please Read (ARE)

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 03:13 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great News Everybody! Please Read (ARE)

After having a few meetings with Nick , and looking at the new shop setup & structure, I will be joining forces with them again!

I feel it is headed in the best direction I have ever seen the shop over my 6 + years involved...

Fully computerized inventory, extra guys for the phones, Everything is nicely seperated and in order. Bigger engine room, bigger machine shop, sunken dyno with big window for a great picture or video angle. More hoists. Big showroom and several offices upstairs as well the inventory on one side and customer parts inventory section on the other 2nd floor above the dyno room. Must be 10,000 sq ft of useable floor space, not to mention the clean dust-free customer car storage area behind a wall in the other side of the building, which is another 14,000 ft. Not all for the shop, but affiliated none the less. The actual shop area has probably tripled in size from the old 'ARE'. There's also a big fenced in yard in the back, great for Dyno days. (The Dyno entrance is at the rear of the building)

The best part is the moral of the crew is WAY up. You know, we had a tough time there for quite some time and All original employees have made it back except for one unfortunatly.

Between these guys, and now properly getting supplies to us (so we are back to regular time frames quoted). And Nick proving to me he is taking care of the customers on here. For instance I had a quick look at JohnK's rotating, heard about Darrens upcoming resolution, and DaveU's deal will be done I think before the actual due-date so to speak, just to name a few.

So this all gets me back in there in a very positive way! You guys know I don't screw around and take it seriously.

There will be a new name and HOPEFULLY we will be a sponsor on here once again, and compete with all the best shops in North America!

Thanks
Dave

Last edited by SLED28; 01-25-2005 at 07:58 PM.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:12 PM
Adkoonerstrator

SWEEEEEEEEETTTT!!! I heard something about some mediocre engine builder returning to work there.

Seriously though, that is awesome Dave. I know you like to fly straight so hearing this from you only reaffirms how I was feeling after talking with Nick recently.

How'd my rotating look........BIG?

John
Old 01-25-2005, 04:14 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks John! The stroke looked a little long on that crank
Old 01-25-2005, 04:15 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Good deal Dave. Now send me those Lexan windows
Old 01-25-2005, 04:16 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks Mike. I ended up selling that lexan last summer. Its in our old shop Camaro...
Old 01-25-2005, 04:51 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Dave - If you want to slide that rotating together and into a block as your first official act back feel free.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:07 PM
FormerVendor

Might just do that! The engine room is still on the go. Final sanding was done last night, so bench's, shelves and new measuring tools will be next after painting.
Old 01-26-2005, 11:21 AM
10 Second Club

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts

That is great to hear Sled28. I guess once you get the other peoples things taken care of you will be putting my 402 together

The new shop does look really nice and bright. The team moralle seems to be very good as well.

Good Luck and I'll be seeing you soon.

Rampant
Old 01-26-2005, 11:29 AM
FormerVendor

Cool Rampant! I love how bright it is, I can see a 5thou speck of dirt from 60 feet!! Hahaha

I will be doing engines there mainly, but will be helping with some internet stuff and customer service also! Thanks

Last edited by SLED28; 01-26-2005 at 03:46 PM.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:14 PM
7 Second Club

Dave,can you call me tomorrow during the day?
Old 01-26-2005, 08:25 PM
FormerVendor

Sure can Dave. Shoot me your number here or send it to my email:
sled28@look.ca
Old 01-27-2005, 09:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

congrats Dave!
Old 01-27-2005, 10:13 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks Chris. Hey shoot me an email
Old 01-27-2005, 11:17 PM
FormerVendor

There are some pics over on ls2 in great lakes
Old 01-28-2005, 08:03 AM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

Dave,
I've never met you and all I know of you is what I've read at this and other web sites. At one level, I wish you good luck. At another level, I'm surprised you've joined up again with ARE, a shop with many past problems and one of the worst reputations in this industry. I'll say again, why would anyone do business with ARE now, when there's so many excellant LS1 shops out there such as W2W, APE, MTI, Thunder, Futral, etc.

Last edited by bickelfirebird; 01-28-2005 at 08:58 AM.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:48 AM
FormerVendor

Thanks BickelFirebird.

I am sure it will take some time, but it will get back to normal eventually. I would not go back if I didn't feel everything is on the up & up.

Alot of people are waiting on results for the few guys on here I'm sure. The shop straightened out alot of that mess last year, but it does take time.

I am hoping we can get back on here (LS1Tech) this year. PSJ is a friend, but this is buisness and I understand that. PSJ will make sure everything is good first no doubt. (which will help potential customers feel at ease)

I think one thing we have going is that we have been forefathers of the LS1/LT1 community. We set many records along the way both N/A and on Nitrous or Turbo.. These guys do excellent work and are very 'into' their jobs. It is a great job to wake up to everyday.

We are not great in the buisness end of it, but defenitly Great in the shop part of it.... Which I think is the reason the customers look for work from us in the first place.... I think our buisness side of it has been resolved with the couple of new guys and our partnership with some very succesful buisness men (in other industries).

I just ask if everybody can hold on to their thoughts for a little while as it will help the guys we need to take care of.

Thanks
Dave
Old 01-28-2005, 09:04 AM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

You are in professional delimna: All potential customers need to know of ARE's problems, but new customers represent the key to ARE's survival. You need to be professional, honest and straighforward with all customers but you will lose business by doing so.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:13 AM
FormerVendor

We have been doing that for awhile now. Letting people know there could be delays etc. And I believe sales has turned down some jobs the last few months so not to get more people in the same situation.
I beleive that all potential customers from now on will have zero issues to worry about.
Thanks for the talk B.F...
Old 01-28-2005, 09:37 AM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

Dave,
I have placed many posts here and at other sites about the absence of business ethics at many automotive shops. I am an expert witness in construction disputes. My reputation has to be flawless and I make my living telling the truth before courts. I am not attacking or picking-on ARE, it's just that I have an interest in promoting businesses that do the right thing and I have an interest in making customers aware of businesses with problems. I will call Nick.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:31 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,221 Likes on 778 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Actions speak louder than words. We all know who are the folks who need attention. Good luck with things.