LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

AP Engineering

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 02:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default AP Engineering

To recap my story up until this point, i blew my stock 346 in late november and had been searching for a replacement. As everyone should, I called just about every engine builder i could find. I wanted to see wat my possible options in getting a new motor. Lets just say that my cell phone bill was so bad that the company actually called to verify if it was indeed me making all those calls. (very unexpected but true)

I will not name any of the shops but i know that i practically called all of the sponsors that i thought would help me out. Some of the shops i called i lefted a message or was told to i was gonna be called back and i wasnt. (I know that in this industry things get lost or forgotten due to the busy schedule these shops have; but i felt as a possible customer things were not handled adequately) A few i called, and one in particular, the sales rep. was obviously indifferent about my inquires until i mentioned that i would be purchasing the new package that very same day. Then did his attitude change and showed some enthusiasm. Never once did i feel as person when contacting these shops but as another call; Like another iritation keeping them away from their favorite internet based game.

(The purpose of this thread is not to trash on any of the sponsors or shops but to show my personal observations..)

Anyways, my personal opinon when it comes to this car hobby, that without the people you meet and share wat you have learned or to simple engaged in a friendly race, without that, this is no more than another video game or sensless unanimated object that is simple viewed from a far and not thought about again. Something inorganic.......like having a 3 foot spolier meant to create down force on a car that doesnt even have a tach.....pointless!!!

So at this point, ive just about called everyone and had a few others left. Again, i got a feeling of watever when contacting them. I spoke to all the tech guys, one promised me that he could accomplish my goals no problem and would call me back with the order build. Nothing!!! Waited a few days...nada!!! Well until i called APE. From the get go, i spoke to Nick and he was, though busy, quite friendly and knowledgeable in wat my needs are and wat should be my course of action. He told he would call me back and i was like, great!!!, here we go again. Within the hour though, i got a call from Nick about wat i had asked of him and was ready to answer all my questions. (i ask alot usually and he was more than willing to hang around and answer to the best of his abilities.)

After a few other calls to APE, Nick helped me come to decision. After our final call, i ordered a 408ci super stroker package. This kit, with the core charge included, was also the lowest priced package ive gotten all week, including others parts that would of put me over the top of my budget. For example, and i will not use shop names; For the same price of anothers assembled iron long block (same ci), i got their long block, a yank conveter, 42 lbs injectors, stainless headers wth y-pipe, wires, plugs, and set of Yella Terra shaft mounted rockers.

Presently, after a usual hold-up of the rockers, my motor was shipped to in about a months time and ready for me to drop in the beast. Also as the build ended, i recieved a handfull of pictures documenting the build in all it stages. (even when i they were just waiting fo the rockers)

Throughout the course of this build, I realized that not only did i aquire a new motor for a great price, the help of knowledgeable people that are willing to aid you in wat you need and not just sell you their product; I aquired a set of new friends that share my love for these cars ( Nick, Chris and the rest of the APE crew). Furthermore, never once did i feel pressured, cheated, or any other negative reaction one might get from anyone that is only trying to fatten their wallets. When you combine business with a passion, you must not allow that business mind to take over wat you love, to hinder your heart in order to successfully out sell your competition. In this case our love for motorsports, no matter wat your means of speed might be, (f-body, fox-body, import, etc.) is our passion.

With this all in mind, i wouldnt just recommend APE engineering to anyone for their sheer knowledge of automotive engine building, but also for their professionalism and dedication to their customers. They are one of the few, if only builders that I have dealt with that showed concern for me and my build. Also, my recommendations for APE goes beyond the norm but lies mostly that these guys are a fine group of friendly engine builders that treated me like a buddy and people who share the same love for speed. I cant say how pleased i am with APE and that as long as i drive something realted to speed and f-body's, I'll be 110% confident that APE will not try to take advantage of me or anyone for that matter.

Happy motoring to you all and watchout now, 408ci coming at ya!!!!!!!

Thanks for your time,
Angel

Last edited by obZidian; 02-01-2005 at 11:03 PM.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on your new 408. Keep us posted on your results.

Mark
Old 02-02-2005, 09:37 PM
BADA BING BADA BOOM!!!!!!

It's nice when you find a company that does it for the love of the sport first and the money second.

I put down a deposit on a small item with Chris yesterday, he had no problem answering all my questions and didn't make me feel like I was wasting his time either.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:47 PM
TECH Junkie

I also ordered an engine from them because they were the only ones that actually did call me back lol. I kept thinking to myself, I can order with one of these other guys that isn't trying to call me or I can order from Chris who was calling me at my house every 30 mins. I figured since they were giving me the most attention that likewise my motor would be handled with this same attention. I also have visited the APE guys and they really do want to make you fast, to them its not just about money, its like a different world over there. I also made some friends over there and have always said that they are cool dudes and they are.

Grats on the choice man and 408's do kick some ***.

btw Richie what did you order if you don't mind me asking
Old 02-03-2005, 01:22 AM
TECH Addict

[QUOTE=Mike K.]I also ordered an engine from them because they were the only ones that actually did call me back lol. I kept thinking to myself, I can order with one of these other guys that isn't trying to call me or I can order from Chris who was calling me at my house every 30 mins. I figured since they were giving me the most attention that likewise my motor would be handled with this same attention. I also have visited the APE guys and they really do want to make you fast, to them its not just about money, its like a different world over there. I also made some friends over there and have always said that they are cool dudes and they are.

Grats on the choice man and 408's do kick some ***.QUOTE]

Thats exactly why i chose the guys at APE. I said the same thing to myself, if they showed this kind of dedication to me over the phone than that same dedication would be focused on my new little 408!

Yeah, i cant wait to get it running......it should be interesting to see wat i make on a dyno through an A4, not to mention a stock intake all the way down to the lid....

Wat do you thank? 30-40hp extra with a 85mm lid, 90mm TB and LSX manifold?
Old 02-03-2005, 02:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Yeah man you gotta open up that intake hehehe, you got an ls1 manifold then right cause I see you have a 98? if so you actually might gain 35 -40 hp with the lsx 90MM and TB + Lid combo.
Old 02-05-2005, 10:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

ha ha no kidding...... I was never treated better by a shopand Chris knows what i mean..... I respect him and thank him as a builder and a friend.
P.S. Is calling your engine builder 3-4 times a weeka bad thing????

AMEN (inside Joke)

Kyle
Old 02-06-2005, 01:12 AM
TECH Addict

no, actually i found myself calling up there about the same amount of times. i thinks its the way tehy handle themselves over the phone is wat makes you wanta call back.

real down to earth people.........

Hey, how do i set up a pic in the sig like that....want to represent...
Old 02-06-2005, 12:56 PM
9 Second Club

I had the same experience with APE when I ordered my shortblock, Nick was very helpful.

Eric
Old 02-06-2005, 01:13 PM
Launching!

yep great bunch of guys. im glad i went with them.
Old 02-06-2005, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

I spent some time gabbing with them while shopping for my rotating assembly. Chris and the others were very helpful and always courteous both by email and phone, even after I ordered from somewhere else!
For love, not money. Rare these days....
Old 02-06-2005, 05:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by obZidian
no, actually i found myself calling up there about the same amount of times. i thinks its the way tehy handle themselves over the phone is wat makes you wanta call back.

real down to earth people.........

Hey, how do i set up a pic in the sig like that....want to represent...

Chris's and everyone elses goes down every once in a while... so rehosted the pic to my site......
here is how you do it with out the spaces......

[img] the link... http://itlxlr8.homestead.com/files/APE_SIG.gif[/img]
Kyle
Old 02-07-2005, 08:42 AM
Under criminal investigation for fraud

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
ha ha no kidding...... I was never treated better by a shopand Chris knows what i mean..... I respect him and thank him as a builder and a friend.
P.S. Is calling your engine builder 3-4 times a weeka bad thing????

AMEN (inside Joke)

Kyle

Three to four times a week???...............You mean DAY, right Kyle

Thnaks for all of the support guy's!! We appreciate your business and love to help out.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Chris@AP-Engineering
Three to four times a week???...............You mean DAY, right Kyle

Thnaks for all of the support guy's!! We appreciate your business and love to help out.
Well maybe i stetched the truth a Lil... speaking of that ill call you now ha ha
Kyle
Old 02-07-2005, 04:43 PM
TECH Addict

Well maybe i stetched the truth a Lil... speaking of that ill call you now ha ha
Kyle
hahahahaha!!! beat you to it!!!
Old 02-07-2005, 04:48 PM
TECH Addict

Chris's and everyone elses goes down every once in a while... so rehosted the pic to my site......
here is how you do it with out the spaces......

[img] the link... http://itlxlr8.homestead.com/files/APE_SIG.gif[/img]
Kyle
thanks, gotta represent the 408..........

i still cant believe i own a 408ci motor....
Old 02-07-2005, 06:22 PM
Under criminal investigation for fraud

Angel, you need to update your sig now. Get rid of the "just ordered" You have it now, so it's yours. Get her up and running and lets see what she can do!!

Thanks guy's
Old 02-07-2005, 07:29 PM
TECH Addict

thanks.......hey, how about a trade:

1999 Camaro SS
359 C.I. LS1, F2 Procharger, parachute and all the rest of the normal bolt on's

for a great built, no profesionally built 408ci con. z28......? huh? I know, im sacrificing but hey..........
Old 03-12-2005, 12:20 AM
TECH Addict

update: THe BEAST LIVES BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

the 408 from A.P.E. is without a doubt amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!1 The rumble is CRAZY and the motor had no issues wat so ever, very well put together(thanks nick!!!). Rockers where all torques down nice and well balanced. At first i was kinda worried about the sound through the loudmouth but when whe fired up, OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! I still cant explain how bad *** that motor sounds and the force it generates.......Jsut on idle you can feel your chest pounding with the lope! Guys/gals, im not stretching the truth, seriously, this 408 is no joke!!!!!!!! I feel like when we were all kids and you came down christmas morning and saw the tree surrounded with gifts; excited to say the least!!!!! (IF unfortunately youi never experienced somethin like this, well get yourself a A.P.E. 408 and you'll know wat im talking about!! A.P.E might not be the only engine builders doing 408'z but for the price, workmanship, and especially the customer service(Nick, Chris, Rudy....all you guys) of my 408, I wouldnt go anywhere else. ABsolutely amazing!!!!!

Again, i would like to thank A.P.E. (Nick, Chris, Rudy, and all the guys/uh..people) for their hard work and for supplying me with a monster...IT definitely has earned the title as "Angel 408ci Monster"

Well, gotta go and have some fun...hehehehe...again, thanks A.P.E. for the excitment, possibly the best decision ive made concerning my Z....

Thank u A.P.E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2005, 01:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by obZidian
update: THe BEAST LIVES BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

the 408 from A.P.E. is without a doubt amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!1 The rumble is CRAZY and the motor had no issues wat so ever, very well put together(thanks nick!!!). Rockers where all torques down nice and well balanced. At first i was kinda worried about the sound through the loudmouth but when whe fired up, OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! I still cant explain how bad *** that motor sounds and the force it generates.......Jsut on idle you can feel your chest pounding with the lope! Guys/gals, im not stretching the truth, seriously, this 408 is no joke!!!!!!!! I feel like when we were all kids and you came down christmas morning and saw the tree surrounded with gifts; excited to say the least!!!!! (IF unfortunately youi never experienced somethin like this, well get yourself a A.P.E. 408 and you'll know wat im talking about!! A.P.E might not be the only engine builders doing 408'z but for the price, workmanship, and especially the customer service(Nick, Chris, Rudy....all you guys) of my 408, I wouldnt go anywhere else. ABsolutely amazing!!!!!

Again, i would like to thank A.P.E. (Nick, Chris, Rudy, and all the guys/uh..people) for their hard work and for supplying me with a monster...IT definitely has earned the title as "Angel 408ci Monster"

Well, gotta go and have some fun...hehehehe...again, thanks A.P.E. for the excitment, possibly the best decision ive made concerning my Z....

Thank u A.P.E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Awsome news man......... The same way i feel about them.... Chris and the whole crew at APE go out of there way to treat the customer the way they should be treated.
Im a customer for life.
Kyle

Quick Reply: AP Engineering