Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pressure regulated bottle heaters

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 10:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pressure regulated bottle heaters

With a pressure regulated bottle heater, isn't there a chance to blow up the bottle if the heater is accidently flipped on, but the bottle is closed? Just curious since I'm in the market for a heater, and someone warned me about the dynotune one I was looking at. They said my best best is a NOS unit because it's temperature regulated. Any input please?
Old 02-12-2005, 10:28 PM
10 Second Club

yes- with the dynotune unit (or any pressure regulated unit) if the valve is closed then the heater will not turn off so the bottle will eventually blow up.

im not sure on the advantages of the pressure regulated over temp-regulated, from what i've read the nx heater (temp regulated) keeps the pressure at around 950- which is perfect..

anybody with experience with both may be able to help you more..
Old 02-12-2005, 10:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by sleeperstyle
yes- with the dynotune unit (or any pressure regulated unit) if the valve is closed then the heater will not turn off so the bottle will eventually blow up.

im not sure on the advantages of the pressure regulated over temp-regulated, from what i've read the nx heater (temp regulated) keeps the pressure at around 950- which is perfect..

anybody with experience with both may be able to help you more..

pressure regulated will give a more "stable" and preset pressure because it is directly reading the pressure.......temp regulated is indirectly adjusting for pressure......

to me though the safety factor of the temp regulated BY FAR makes up for any loss in performance....
Old 02-12-2005, 10:54 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 2001CamaroGuy
pressure regulated will give a more "stable" and preset pressure because it is directly reading the pressure.......temp regulated is indirectly adjusting for pressure......

to me though the safety factor of the temp regulated BY FAR makes up for any loss in performance....
Out of my thread, Mini!
Old 02-12-2005, 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

It won't blow the bottle up. It will burst the copper plate and blow out the down tube. The pressure activated is much better than the temp one. Just put the heater on a switch with an led so you know if it is on.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:24 PM
12 Second Truck Club

step up to the plate and upgrade your bottle valve to either NX's pure-flo 45 or NOS super-hi flo valves, they have a gauge port and a second port built into the neck of the bottle that can be used for your pressure switch (this is how I have mine set up) or you can use the second port for a nitrogen push setup. I highly recommend these bottle valves, I will never own another bottle without one. never have to worry about forgetting to open your bottle with these valves...

Old 02-13-2005, 09:03 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Morning Guys!
Strokedls1, You are exactly right. The bottle will not blow up. The pressure safety burst disk will blow and the bottle will empty itself through the blowdown tube.
MajicChicken, Good advice - as always you make a good point!
Sleeperstyle, The NX is pressure regulated also but is not adjustable. If the pressure falls below 900 psi the NX heater turns on and it will shut it off at 1050 psi. Ours is adjustable so you can choose the pressure you want to get the most out of your application. Its nice to raise the pressure a little over your launch pressure and purge at the line to your exact pressure. Also we use the smallest most accurate pressure switch available. Our pressure switch holds the bottle pressure to within 50 PSI!

Hope this helps guys!

Dean