Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Controls for nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 06:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Controls for nitrous

I was sitting in my car today playing with the radio controls on the steering wheel but since I have an aftermarket headunit the controls obviously don't work. I started thinking that these buttons would be awesome for nitrous controls. For example; have the 'volume' button control a bottle opener, 'play' button could arm te system and 'mute' could be used for a purge.

I doubt anyone has done anything like this, what would be involved in doing something like this? I mean, is it just wires behind the controls, would you just be able to run the proper wires from the nitrous funtions to each button? Anyone have some input on this. I mean theres buttons on the steering wheel with no use and I think this would be an awesome idea.
Old 02-18-2005, 06:34 PM
BMN
TECH Apprentice

Been done a lot, do a search in the N2O forum.
Old 02-18-2005, 06:59 PM
Launching!

Searched, couldn't find much. You want to enlighten me?
Old 02-18-2005, 09:06 PM
TECH Addict

I thought bout this a long time ago but never did it cause it was too easy to hit when turning etc.
Old 02-19-2005, 03:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Blue99Ws7
I thought bout this a long time ago but never did it cause it was too easy to hit when turning etc.
You could always have a safety switch elsewhere so the nitrous is not armed until the switch is pressed.

Anyone have some info on this? This would be the cleanest place to put nitrous controls unless someone has other suggestions? My ashtray already has switches in it so that's not an option. Anywhere else?
Old 02-19-2005, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SantaCruz163
I was sitting in my car today playing with the radio controls on the steering wheel but since I have an aftermarket headunit the controls obviously don't work. I started thinking that these buttons would be awesome for nitrous controls. For example; have the 'volume' button control a bottle opener, 'play' button could arm te system and 'mute' could be used for a purge.

I doubt anyone has done anything like this, what would be involved in doing something like this? I mean, is it just wires behind the controls, would you just be able to run the proper wires from the nitrous funtions to each button? Anyone have some input on this. I mean theres buttons on the steering wheel with no use and I think this would be an awesome idea.

Why dont youmake radio controls work the radio like they are supposed to and get the NX switches for nitrous setup.....Have to have radio controls work
Old 02-19-2005, 11:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've seen the horn button used, it's interesting, but dont get pissed and forget its there and honk .. hah
Old 02-21-2005, 12:07 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by blackbird4
Why dont youmake radio controls work the radio like they are supposed to and get the NX switches for nitrous setup.....Have to have radio controls work
I have a remote for the radio and it's easier to use than go thru the hassel of wiring up one of those transmitters (i've heard they are a PITA to hook up). Where would be a clean place to put nitrous controls? You have: bottle warmer, arm, purge, and possible bottle opener. I want to use the steering wheel controls because it's a clean look. Where would you suggest mounting these controls?
Old 02-21-2005, 12:24 AM
Banned

How funny, I'm taking my car to the stereo shop tomorrow. They are going to wire the "Mute" button up to my arming switch. Only charging $65, thats not bad at all. As for the setup your right, no one will know you have it, and since it is safety relayed then its safe. Plus the only time you use the mute button is when your on the phone, but if the safety isnt hit, it really wouldnt matter. I'll tell you what the outcome is. Good luck, and great thinking.
Old 02-21-2005, 11:25 AM
TECH Resident

I run a wot switch with a window switch its one button to arm. I have my whistle wired to my horn. So when I see a hot lady I just hit the horn.