Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX MAF for C5.....when?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 07:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NX MAF for C5.....when?

Well, in the last 36 hours, I have searched the web over learning as much as possible about nitrous. Still undecided about a few things. I don't intend on running more than 100 shot, maybe 125 wet or dry. I have seen all the arguments for each. It is just for fun, no racing here. Totally stock except I have a wb and tuning ability. I am still saving up so I can get all the safety stuff. I am looking hard at the NX MAF kit but from the searches I have done, it looks like it is only available for the Camaro/Firebird. When will it be ready for the C5? Also, does the Maximizer replace the need for a TPS switch and window switch. Thanks

Jim
Old 02-22-2005, 01:41 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Corpsvette
Well, in the last 36 hours, I have searched the web over learning as much as possible about nitrous. Still undecided about a few things. I don't intend on running more than 100 shot, maybe 125 wet or dry. I have seen all the arguments for each. It is just for fun, no racing here. Totally stock except I have a wb and tuning ability. I am still saving up so I can get all the safety stuff. I am looking hard at the NX MAF kit but from the searches I have done, it looks like it is only available for the Camaro/Firebird. When will it be ready for the C5? Also, does the Maximizer replace the need for a TPS switch and window switch. Thanks

Jim
the kit is also for the c5. in fact i bought the kit and it is still in the box brand new because i decided i want to do something else instead. i would love to sell the kit to you, if you're interested. im working on a direct port idea for my car. the only thing that i think you should do is move the maf up to just a few inches in front of the intake instead of down right after the air filter. it would be better if the wet mix did not have to go around the bend in the air bridge. just my .02
chris
Old 02-22-2005, 09:50 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cnationshb
the kit is also for the c5. in fact i bought the kit and it is still in the box brand new because i decided i want to do something else instead. i would love to sell the kit to you, if you're interested. im working on a direct port idea for my car. the only thing that i think you should do is move the maf up to just a few inches in front of the intake instead of down right after the air filter. it would be better if the wet mix did not have to go around the bend in the air bridge. just my .02
chris
Hmmm, from my lastest understanding, there is an offer from Dave to send in my MAF to him and they would modify it for the C5 but that an actual kit hadn't been released yet. If this is what they did for you, what are you asking for the kit and what do I get with it.

As for moving the MAF, I had not even think about that. I am not even sure how that could be arranaged. Let me know about a price. thanks,

jim K
Old 02-22-2005, 10:15 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

As of right now there are only 2 Single peice MAF parts out there.. I posted up a couple of picture of our latest one on a C6 vette. Here they are.

Right now I am going back to the drawing board to update this part..

Ricky
Old 02-22-2005, 10:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't think it would work as well in the C5 as in the F-Bodies. The C5 MAF is pretty far from the throttle body. The N2O and fuel would have to go through the airbridge first. I have always heard you want a wet shot to be a lot closer to the throttle body than that.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:18 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Actually,
The distance is not a problem.The induction will suck the nitrous and fuel in at such a speed that it can not create any problems.Its just like using this kit on the LT1.
It has to go around a turn.No problem.
Dave
Old 02-22-2005, 08:16 PM
Teching In

Hmmm, from my lastest understanding, there is an offer from Dave to send in my MAF to him and they would modify it for the C5 but that an actual kit hadn't been released yet. If this is what they did for you, what are you asking for the kit and what do I get with it.

As for moving the MAF, I had not even think about that. I am not even sure how that could be arranaged. Let me know about a price. thanks,

jim K
well, no... it is not a modified c5 maf. it is the nitrous express standard lsx maf kit. i have not installed it and to be honest i have not completely trouble shot the potential installation. i assumed that i would be able to place the nx piece between my air bridge and silicone coupler. i really need to talk to dave myself so i know what i need to keep for my direct port injection kit so that i can know what i should sell. i imagine that pretty much everything that i have could be used in my next kit, but i just dont know for sure. i know i definately would not need the maf piece or the jets and probably some of the other pieces. if you think you might be interested let me know and i'll get my act together and figure out my real needed parts list.
chris
Old 02-22-2005, 09:33 PM
Teching In

well, no... it is not a modified c5 maf. it is the nitrous express standard lsx maf kit. i have not installed it and to be honest i have not completely trouble shot the potential installation. i assumed that i would be able to place the nx piece between my air bridge and silicone coupler. i really need to talk to dave myself so i know what i need to keep for my direct port injection kit so that i can know what i should sell. i imagine that pretty much everything that i have could be used in my next kit, but i just dont know for sure. i know i definately would not need the maf piece or the jets and probably some of the other pieces. if you think you might be interested let me know and i'll get my act together and figure out my real needed parts list.
chris
Cnationshb,

I am no expert by any means and don't want to but I am pretty sure you have the MAF kit for a Camaro and Firebird. I confirmed with Dave today that the C5 MAF nitrous kit is still being engineered. Maybe he will chime in again. In any case, I have discussed with him my plans and he has made his recommendations and I will be purchasing a new one from him after payday. Thanks for your offer and good luck with the direct port setup.

Jim Kay
Old 02-23-2005, 05:54 PM
Teching In

Cnationshb,

I am no expert by any means and don't want to but I am pretty sure you have the MAF kit for a Camaro and Firebird. I confirmed with Dave today that the C5 MAF nitrous kit is still being engineered. Maybe he will chime in again. In any case, I have discussed with him my plans and he has made his recommendations and I will be purchasing a new one from him after payday. Thanks for your offer and good luck with the direct port setup.

Jim Kay
dude, no for sure. i apologize for being misinformed. the guy that sold me that kit must have not known what he was doing. he told me that the kit was perfect for my c5 and i took him at his word. like i said i have not installed the kit yet, so i did not get a chance to prove him wrong. thanks for the heads up though. im glad to know that i need to sell it to a camaro/firebird guy and not a c5 guy.
thanks
chris
Old 02-23-2005, 09:14 PM
Teching In

Hey Chris, no sweat. I hope you find a new home for it and see you around on the board. Off to do more homework.

Jim K.
dude, no for sure. i apologize for being misinformed. the guy that sold me that kit must have not known what he was doing. he told me that the kit was perfect for my c5 and i took him at his word. like i said i have not installed the kit yet, so i did not get a chance to prove him wrong. thanks for the heads up though. im glad to know that i need to sell it to a camaro/firebird guy and not a c5 guy.
thanks
chris
Old 02-24-2005, 09:22 AM

I do have one more prototype part here if you want it.. I will need your maf. ( I recommend) getting another then you have sprare/ Here is a close up of the finished part.
Ricky
Old 02-24-2005, 09:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ricky this is for the 85mm Z06 MAF or the new C6 MAF?

Looks like I may be sending mine to you......AGAIN hahaha, Damn I am a pain in the *** arent I
Old 02-24-2005, 09:45 AM

Same, The car was a C6 Vette.. But the sensor measured the same. At least the part I needed measured the same. I think they are the same size through out but did not measure the part I cut off the throw into the shrader. Here is a pic before epoxying them together.

Ricky
Old 02-24-2005, 10:05 AM
Teching In

Rick,

Sent you an email. I would like this also if feasible. Thanks, Jim
Old 02-24-2005, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ricky
What would I need to send you? Just the new MAF or the new MAF and the old MAF housings from the the kit you just sent me?

Mike
Old 02-25-2005, 11:08 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Thats a nice piece Rick......
Old 02-25-2005, 01:06 PM

Thanks

What would I need to send you? Just the new MAF or the new MAF and the old MAF housings from the the kit you just sent me?

Mike

Depends on what you want to pay for.
Ricky

Ricky
Old 02-25-2005, 11:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am interested also, is it in production? or soon? What's the scoop?
Old 02-26-2005, 10:53 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Rick,why not have an option for the Maf kit to run this type of trick MAF for a 90TB?U could make them out of plastic,with the 2 fittings on the bottom like this alum one and sell it as an option...

I think u would sell a shiat load of these puppies
Old 02-27-2005, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Robert56
I am interested also, is it in production? or soon? What's the scoop?
Right now there have only been 3 pieces built so far. The one in the picture was one of the last two. I guess Mike is going to get that one. We are in the final stages of redesign and will start machining in with in the next 2 weeks. Then is should be about 3-4 weeks after that release to the public. The new design is the same 6061-t6 aluminum but will be anodized black laser marked and use the three bolts to hold it to the maf sensor.

Ricky
Originally Posted by JS
Rick,why not have an option for the Maf kit to run this type of trick MAF for a 90TB?U could make them out of plastic,with the 2 fittings on the bottom like this alum one and sell it as an option...

I think u would sell a shiat load of these puppies
The cost of building a complete maf that can discharge nitrous, from plastic would way to high to sale to the average person. Also plastic and fitting realy do not like each other. We have build several parts over the years out of plastic for testing and I broke ever one of them. do idea thou.

But this unit will work with the 90mm tbody.

Ricky