Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Can I spray my engine/engine compartment with a light mist?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 11:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I spray my engine/engine compartment with a light mist?

I need to clean my motor and engine bay. I was thinking about spraying it down with a light mist from a garden hose with an adjustable head, then spritzing it with simple green, then misting it again. I am worried about all of the electronics and coil packs though. Will this screw anything up?
Old 02-21-2005, 11:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Martingale
I need to clean my motor and engine bay. I was thinking about spraying it down with a light mist from a garden hose with an adjustable head, then spritzing it with simple green, then misting it again. I am worried about all of the electronics and coil packs though. Will this screw anything up?
You'll be safe, thats how I wash my engine, look at the sticky above for more ideas and details
Old 02-21-2005, 11:43 PM
TECH Addict

well, u will want to protect the fuse boxes and the pcm. i usually wrap them in some kinda plastic wrap so they arent exposed to the water. wet the motor down...better to do it with no nozzle at all....just flowing water from the end of the hose. then spray with simple green, or a similar degreaser, brushing/scrubbing areas that need special attention. let sit for 2-3 minutes....hose down again, rinsing everything off. then take a leaf blower and dry the whole engine compartment. some just wait for it to dry naturally, but i use a leaf blower to speed up the process. then i like to spray some kinda spray shine on all the black (hoses, plastic, etc.) and let dry. thats about all there is to it. good luck
Old 02-22-2005, 12:14 AM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/159036-proper-cleaning-lsx-engine-bay.html