Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

98 WS6 Vs. Stock GTO

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 03:46 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 WS6 Vs. Stock GTO

OK, well first and foremost I am not bragging i beat a stock GTO, I am just posting this because this wasn't a fare race, but this guy smoked myfriend in his little black 97 GT last weekend so i thought I would just let him know not to rev his stock Ls1 at just anything.

My mods are a LQ9 with bascially stock 02 LS1 heads, a Z06 cam, and LS6 intake along with Loudmouth and y pipe and Nitto DR's on the rear.

Well I am with my girlfriend who hates going any kind of fast so I really can't just do anything other than the reving up. I pass him he passes me, then eventually we get side by side and both hit it. Og course I walk off on him by like 4 car lengths, but no surprize there. I do this a couple of more times, but for some reason he just keeps coming by and trying to get out on me. So I figure out that he doesn't turn around and he is heading out of town. I know where he is going so i foolow besides it is on the way home anyway.

We pull out to s stretch of road called 108 and pull over. he asked me what i got, and I tell him. He has an auto and so do I so he thinks that he call actually pull on me for some reason. He said the guy he bought it from at the dealership said it was under rated and it had closer to 370 RWHP / 400 RWTQ. Well I told him that his numbers were very close to mine and so i guess he actually belived that he could get me.

We heatted them up and I told him to go first. He said he didn't need a head start, I said it is not a head start, I will hit it when you do. So he hit it and I hit it and blam, there I was pulling with no slipping in 1st, my tranny has bagan to slip in between all gears so I had to let off when I shifted. He never had a chance. I left him so bad I stopped and he didn't catch back up for like 5 seconds. He stopped and said he had the a/c on so I said OK lets do it one more time and then I was leaving. He said OK, I let him have a hugh head start that time and I caught up to him so fast it looked like a ricer flyby, only he had it on full throttle. After that he got beside me and tried to hit it one more time, but I shut him down.

Like I said he was stock, I wasn't, i just had to show him those numbers that guy told him were wrong. I actually like GTO's now, but I think I will stay WS6. So not a impressive kill, but a kill indeed!
Old 02-28-2005, 06:11 AM
Staging Lane

good kills! did he not understand that yur a whole lot faster after the highway runs?? or even after the first run from a dig?
Old 02-28-2005, 06:30 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DukesI3
good kills! did he not understand that yur a whole lot faster after the highway runs?? or even after the first run from a dig?
I agree. It would have taken one run for me to figure it out, the guy sounds dense.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:33 PM
Launching!

hmm, not to bash the motor in teh gto... but GM did a horrible job in designing the gto... with free mods on my car... i run with the ls2 gto pretty well.. and outrun the ls1 gto's..... i'm really disappointed on what they are putting out with the gto's

the gto should be running faster..... IMPO

Dan
Old 03-10-2005, 03:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by v DaN 02
hmm, not to bash the motor in teh gto... but GM did a horrible job in designing the gto... with free mods on my car... i run with the ls2 gto pretty well.. and outrun the ls1 gto's..... i'm really disappointed on what they are putting out with the gto's

the gto should be running faster..... IMPO

Dan
holden designed the gto not pontiac or GM. while i understand holden is apart of GM, they reallly had nothing to do with it. some ppl get disappointed for no reason like yourself. of course its not going to be faster. you take a car with the same engine (ls1) add some weight and IRS, your gonna have a slower car. the 05 has the same problem except it has a little more horsepower. the manuals have run bottom 13s with 107-108 traps. also note the autos are suffering the same problems as the c6 with torque management so they being held back performance wise in the quarter.

also u can mod the ls1/ls2 in the gto easier then an fbody....like a blower for example

so quite ur bitchen cuz ur just spoiled by the fbod (one of the most underrated cars of our time)
Old 03-10-2005, 03:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by deetsnai
ur just spoiled by the fbod (one of the most underrated cars of our time)
fbod
Old 03-11-2005, 09:20 PM
Banned

the gto maybe a heavy car but its more of a touring car with a big motor.
add a few bolt ons and it will out run your ws6, and you still will have a better riding car. good kill just don't knock the gto's because they are much better than the much loved camaro and firebird/trans am
Old 03-11-2005, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by m8d2run
because they are much better than the much loved camaro and firebird/trans am
That depends on what you're using it for. I'd rather have ours for drag but they are very nice cars. Nice kill btw.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:41 PM
Banned

even drag racing i'd still take an 05 gto, driven both and the gto is on par stock for stock even with the added weight. drag racing an 05 gto vs 02 SS or WS6 and the gto wins. modding its who ever has the most money
Old 03-11-2005, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by m8d2run
even drag racing i'd still take an 05 gto, driven both and the gto is on par stock for stock even with the added weight. drag racing an 05 gto vs 02 SS or WS6 and the gto wins. modding its who ever has the most money
That's because of the horsepower increase not the traction. It's easy to make power it's tough to make traction especially with irs.