Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MTI stage 2E heads and stealth cam installed!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 07:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MTI stage 2E heads and stealth cam installed!!!!!!!!!

well...we started tearin' everything down last night at around 6. we got everything tore off, including the heads by around 9. then first thing this morning we started the install. along with the heads and cam, i also put on a march pulley and a ls2 timing chain. the install went very very smooth. we got done around 6 tonight. we started her up, did a heat cycle for the springs, ran some top end cleaner thru her, changed the oil and were done by 7. im gonna take it easy on her for 500 miles or so. i havent taken her above 2500 rpms but i can already tell its a different car altogether. and i had a tr224 cam on stock heads prior to tonight. i went with MTI's stealth I cam so i could sound close to stock.....and boy is it deceiving. it sounds like a stock ls1 with headers and a catback. damn i am stoked it pulls harder thru every gear....and i cant wait til shes broken in so i can have some fun anyway, i just wanted to post the results of the install. i will be tuning it next week, and i will be sure to have some dyno results up here for yall to check out. well, im gonna go stare at my car again i feel like i just bought a new 425hp car.....it drives that smooth....even now, w/o the tune. but i know i will get some more horsepower from the tune. ****....my car even looks different from the outside now nah, thats just me later guys....talk to ya soon

oh yeah, i also tore out my whole a/c unit i got t tops so i dont ever use it. that engine bay sure is a lot cleaner now...and it will be easier to work on. i think i saved about 40 lbs too
Old 02-26-2005, 08:21 PM
Launching!

congrats, get a sound/vid clip up
Old 02-26-2005, 09:35 PM
TECH Addict

will do