Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best overall upgrades and mods ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 09:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best overall upgrades and mods ?

Howdy

Just need a lil bit of advice and this seems to be the best place to get it, I’m the proud owner of a 2002 Firehawk # 898 according to the guys at SLP, I’m the hawks second daddy and just about as pleased as I can be that I was able to finally put my hands on one of these rare birds !!!! The car has 19,456 original miles, was well maintained and garaged in the winter so it’s about as clean as they come with just a few miles. From SLP she was equipped with the standard SLP package plus the Bilstein suspension package, and the auburn differential, added to that later was a set of Borla catbacks and that’s the full list of performance options and add on’s, (I don’t think he had the time to begin the free mods to any degree).

Now my question to all of you LS1 motorheads is this, what would be the full wish list of upgrades, free mods, and tuning enhancements that you would recommend for my lil ol bird ??? The list of available options just keeps getting longer and longer every time I log on to the computer and I don’t want to waste time or money on useless or inferior parts an upgrades !! My plan is to research the topic as thoroughly as I can, get the best opinions from the people that have been there and know, and then purchase all the items I decide I need at one time and then send the car off for a lil holiday to have ALL of the upgrades installed at one time and dialed in as a total unit instead of hit and miss.

My intended use of the Hawk will be strictly summertime fun in Ohio from mid May to late November (maybe a few road trips out west were the days are hot and the asphalt is loooong), no track, drag or street race use intended but maybe a few car shows during the summer, oh and did I mention that I would love to rip the doors off any mustang that dared to stick it’s head up ???? (just a mild ribbing to our fellow pony car enthusiasts who love there stangs as much as we love our birds and rightly so J), so an increase to say 405 to 410 bhp and related torque would make me a happy camper.

Now I know this a lot to ask for and that I’ll get a lot of different opinions but as I begin to receive response to this topic I should be able to see a pattern form as to the general ideas of the best overall power / performance enhancements, when I finally review and filter them out I’ll post what I come up with as IN MY HUMBLE OPINON ONLY the best all around suggestions for final review and critique.

Thanks a lot in advance guys for your time, experience, and knowledge.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:30 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

read everything in my sig and then go from there.